Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Dear Jane by Dee Update#1 >

Dear Jane by Dee Update#1

Dear Jane by Dee Update#1

Old 01-09-2011, 08:59 AM

Hello ladies and Gents.........I've been so busy with the other world that I haven't had time to post but I have been sewing :) I have completed 20 :thumbup: :thumbup: blocks but only 4 have been completely quilted ( by hand) I have to work on my hand quilting (spacing of stitches) I made french knots on the dotted background fabric of some blocks and followed the printed design of the swirling background fabric. As soon as I get a new camera I promise to post pictures, but for now ........Sundy is my catch day and I have to go..........BTW My quilts name has changed to "Garden Jane"
Old 03-31-2011, 03:17 PM

I finally got a new camera ( I keep dropping them @ quilt shows). My blocks are quilted with the name of the block embroidered on the backing. This is a Quilt as U go project with a brown backing (Thanks to Sandpat for hooking me). The pink and black rick rack sashing seems perfect.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-177953.jpe   attachment-177954.jpe   attachment-177955.jpe   attachment-177958.jpe   attachment-177960.jpe  

attachment-177965.jpe  
Old 03-31-2011, 04:31 PM

Wow! pink and black. That is going to me AMAZING!!! Now that's a very new Dear Jane!!! I can't wait to see it!
Old 03-31-2011, 04:43 PM

I have always wanted to rename this quilt to "Dear God" (what have I got myself into now!), because it seems like a heck of a lot of work. So far so good for you. I do like the pink and black. That should be a real eye-catcher. I imagine it will be stunning. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 03-31-2011, 04:57 PM

Nice blocks, I like the quilt as go idea, is there any info posted on this method you are using, anywhere, so we can check it out? I have a few blocks, all scrappy, need to get back to it & make some more! I like the colors you are using too!
Old 04-01-2011, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by happymrs
Nice blocks, I like the quilt as go idea, is there any info posted on this method you are using, anywhere, so we can check it out? I have a few blocks, all scrappy, need to get back to it & make some more! I like the colors you are using too!
I think there's a video on AllAboutQuilting.com. A nice quilter @ my LQS gave me a mini tutorial @a quilt show! I haven't seen her since but she has made life bearable. I can't afford to send my quilts out to be quilted.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:49 AM

Thanks again Sandpat for inspiring me to finally get all these blocks (in my head) on to the Quilt drawing board!