Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Dimensional Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by txwildflower
    Quote Originally Posted by moreland
    I just posted a tutorial on making these flowers. I didn't know how to get this onto the first posting so it would be at the top. Hopefully, those of you who wanted to know how to make those flowers will see this posting.
    The quilt block is 10 1/2 inches square. The leaf pattern is fused onto the block then stitched around the outer edge.
    If you have questions I'll try to answer them. I hope the tutorial is understandable.
    Happy flower making!

ps My friend was using this technique with much smaller squares and putting a magnet on the back. Hers looked like sunflowers. I don't remember how she covered the center.
    Where did you find the leaf pattern?????? I love these flowers and will definately give it a try. :thumbup: :thumbup:
    I bought the original pattern so the fused leaf pattern came from that. One could free hand a pattern pretty easily. It was was just a four leaf pattern with the stems joined in the middle. The pattern had them cut that way but when you are ironing on the leaves it seems to me it would be just the same if the leaves were separate--the center gets completely covered with the flower.

Thankyou! Those are really pretty!

Oh, how cute!!! I'm going to experiment. I think this is something my granddaughter might really like doing!

Cool thanks so much for the tute. You did a wonderful job :thumbup:

Banned
    oooooohhhh! I like those! :thumbup:

I think when I get to making one I would leave the center edges undone and I would turn it upside down and hand applique it to the flowers and hand applique the flower to the block also.Thanks for the tute.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingleberry
    I think when I get to making one I would leave the center edges undone and I would turn it upside down and hand applique it to the flowers and hand applique the flower to the block also.Thanks for the tute.
    That would be a possibility, but the flower loses a lot of it's dimension that way. I started out with the center yo-yo's upside down but liked the look of all the gathers better.

That is one of the joys of quilting--we can get ideas from each other and then develop them to suit our own tastes. Isn't it great?

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the famous dimension, you guys are so amazing :thumbup: Hope they done have a limit on bookmark 8-)

Blog Entries
    oh thats pertty

very nice Rachel. i will try that, thank you.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast