Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: 9 Patch Wonder Block Potholders Tutorial per your request

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jan View Post
    Thanks so much for this tut. They are such fun and I love not having to bind them. I used a 12 1/2 inch 9-patch block left over from my quilt. It was made using 4 1/2" squares. I, too, used a fairly large safety pin to hold the batting while turning and it worked great. My pot holder ended up 8 1/2" and I quilted it SITD to finish it. Here a pic of it, front and back. Attachment 453753Attachment 453754

Love that fabric. What a beautiful pot holder that one is!
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Thanks. I was just experimenting and came up with this hot mat. I used some precut 5" Civil War squares from my stash. The hot mat finished at 9 1/2" before quilting. Thank you again for making the tutorialName:  hotmat  front and back 2.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  1.18 MBName:  hotmat front and back 1.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  977.6 KB and sharing this fun project.

Blog Entries
    Oh my! very interesting way to do i love the technique . You did great job here thank u

Blog Entries
    I think it is funny because I created and posted this tutorial almost two years ago. Glad people are still enjoying it.

I'm with you. I love the fact that there is no binding and you end up with a unique look at the end that makes people wonder how you did that.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Quote Originally Posted by kathdavis View Post
    I think it is funny because I created and posted this tutorial almost two years ago. Glad people are still enjoying it.

I'm with you. I love the fact that there is no binding and you end up with a unique look at the end that makes people wonder how you did that.
    Actually I was hunting another tut when I came across yours. Since then I have shared it with a couple of my quilting buddies and we have all been having a ton of fun making them. Guess it proves that sometimes "what's old is new again!" See the joy you started!

Thanks so much for the pot holder tutorial!

Thanks for posting this. I think I will give it a try.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
    interesting technique. i will give it a try. also, i wonder if you use a small safety pin to pin the insulbrite to the material to hold the layers together if that would help keep them together better when turning.. you remove the safety pin thru the 3" opening once the project is turned. just a thought.
    I was thinking the same thing. I would think it would stay together better. Even a quick basting or tack stitch through the top and batting could be snipped loose after turning. Just my thought., anything to make it easier.

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the tute..

Blog Entries
    I just wanted to say thank you for this tutorial. i made one potholder and thought it was so interesting the way it turned out that i had to show it to our little stitching group. They all thought i was going to show the disappearing nine patch - boy were they shocked that 1- it wasn't anything at all like the d9p and 2- how cute and easy the potholders turned out. thanks again. great way to use up scraps. i made mine with charm squares so it really isn't a potholder more like a hot pad!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8