Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
Alaskasunshine's fabric folding( organizing your quilt room) >

Alaskasunshine's fabric folding( organizing your quilt room)

Alaskasunshine's fabric folding( organizing your quilt room)

Old 09-30-2010, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by FranM
I would like to know what you used for your "boards."

I like the idea of the fabric being on the shelves rather than stacked, much easier to see what you need.

Fran in West Texas
Your answer is just about your post on the same page.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:09 PM

I tried to do a private message to the lady in Canada that got her board at a store only called RONA? i could nto find it on the website, can you direct me to it please?
at the store site location of the actual item please
Old 10-01-2010, 06:01 AM

Wow, wow & wow again. I have moved recently & presently have be stacking & sort my fabrics on a guest bed, a couple of card tables, two ottomans & where ever else I can. Trying to come up with a really good storage method. Think I have found it. Had all this in baskets on a wire shlef unit, but pulling down the baskets to look inside (I am vertically challenged) is a chore in itself. Love this method & plan to use it. This looks much easier to actually see what you have at a glance. Thanks for posting! Sure would love to come to Alaska sometime.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:35 PM

Alaskasunshine - this tutorial was awesome! The folding has begun and I am finding fabric that I had forgotten that I even had. My husband and I remodeled my sewing room last May (out with the carpet, in with the laminate) and one of my aquisitions was custom made shelves - made by my DH. And now they will be beautifully adorned by fabric that I can see, touch, and select to use without major digging. They will all be folded on boards, with measurements. Thanks for taking the time to share you massive, organized fabric collection with us!
Old 10-08-2010, 09:40 AM

What is the board you are using? It looks like sign board from
school supplies.Thanks, Pat
Old 10-08-2010, 11:13 AM

Thank you so much for the inspiration to get my fabrics folded and stored neatly. It is so simple yet genius :o)
Old 10-08-2010, 01:48 PM

Wow !!! Well........got to get started !!!!!! thanks ? no really ....Thank you soooo much for sharing, my DH will be delighted !
Old 10-10-2010, 12:50 PM

Hello Alaskasunshine

Please tell me the depth of your shelves, and what thickness of the shelves? I am working on getting my dh to build some in my sewing room. Your workspace is lovely.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:18 AM

Afternoon, I was just lookin at the list of exhibitors at the quilt show in Houston this year and saw this I think their boards are a little expensive tho...
http://www.polarnotions.com/index.htm
Old 10-12-2010, 04:15 AM

Hi All,

I have started wrapping and I love it. My daughter was able to get me scrap pieces of the coraplast at the sign company she works for free. Couldn't get it cut for me so I have been doing that. Don't yell but I traced the sizes I wanted and then used my big rotary cutter to cut it. I know I will need to get a new blade after I am done cutting but it worked so well using my ruler and rotary. My husband did me new shelves in the closet and I won't complain that I wanted the wire shelving the wood is working out well. I just thought the wire I could adjust to size. I will post a picture tonight as to how things are going. I love seeing all my fabric at a glance.

Nettie