Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
Alaskasunshine's fabric folding( organizing your quilt room) >

Alaskasunshine's fabric folding( organizing your quilt room)

Alaskasunshine's fabric folding( organizing your quilt room)

Old 10-12-2010, 07:03 AM

I started folding mine yesterday. Hubby brought home some sheets of cardboard I can cut tonight and wrap. I am so excited. I'd like to play hooky and stay home to do it. But off to work I go!
Old 10-13-2010, 04:01 PM

Hi All,

Some pics of the start of the organization in my sewing room thanks to Alskasunshine's great tutorial. The rest of my new sewing room is quite a mess so I will post a picture of it at a later time. Thanks again for such great a great way to store my fabric.

Nettie
Attached Thumbnails attachment-110008.jpe   attachment-110009.jpe  
Old 10-13-2010, 04:04 PM

Wow. Great idea.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Nettie
Hi All,

Some pics of the start of the organization in my sewing room thanks to Alskasunshine's great tutorial. The rest of my new sewing room is quite a mess so I will post a picture of it at a later time. Thanks again for such great a great way to store my fabric.

Nettie
Thanks for posting your awesome beginning to your quilt room. It looks wonderful!!! Please PM me for a gift from me for being the first to post pix. I am just tickled pink!!!
thanks again for posting. :thumbup: :-D :thumbup:
Old 10-18-2010, 02:04 PM

While I was ooing and ahhing over your fabric, my husband saw the picture and said, "What is that behind her, a quilt shop?" My fabric is all put away in plastic boxes, so he has no idea I probably have as much as you, just not as beautifully displayed as you have. Kudos to you!!
Old 10-18-2010, 02:13 PM

[/quote] Anyone wanna come help me finish up this mess????[/quote]

Aren't you concerned with it getting all dusty? That's why I keep mine in plastic containers but then, I'm not sure that is correct either.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:53 AM

Anyone wanna come help me finish up this mess????[/quote]

Aren't you concerned with it getting all dusty? That's why I keep mine in plastic containers but then, I'm not sure that is correct either.[/quote]

No, I am not concerned with the dust. I am more concerned about light damage so I keep the blinds down. When I really really wanna see a gorgeous view though then I forgo my concern and gaze at the beauty outside my quilt room. The view is so lovely! :thumbup: It is just great to be able to see the fabric I have on hand. Now when I buy fabric it goes right away on my little bolts.
Have a happy day and happy folding :-D
Old 10-20-2010, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
Anyone wanna come help me finish up this mess????
Aren't you concerned with it getting all dusty? That's why I keep mine in plastic containers but then, I'm not sure that is correct either.[/quote]

No, I am not concerned with the dust. I am more concerned about light damage so I keep the blinds down. When I really really wanna see a gorgeous view though then I forgo my concern and gaze at the beauty outside my quilt room. The view is so lovely! :thumbup: It is just great to be able to see the fabric I have on hand. Now when I buy fabric it goes right away on my little bolts.
Have a happy day and happy folding :-D[/quote]

Your organization is just brilliant. I think what you have done is great. One question I have had through all 14 pages of comments is light damage and possibly dust that you just commented on. I think converting a closet to shelves that you can close the doors on is a good idea but the book shelves etc. might need a way to protect the fabric. I am going to look into UVB and UVA blocking plastic to attach to front of shelves. That way you can still see the fabrics but they will be protected from light rays. Thank you so much for sharing. I will be putting your suggestions to work for the next few days. Just love your tutorial and appreciate your sharing. I live in Anchorage and would love to meet you. I am kinda new to quilting and would love to have quilting friends here in Anchorage.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Power Poster

Wow, your room is beautiful and your stash is so organized!! Thanks for the tute!
Old 10-21-2010, 02:23 PM

Thanks to you Alaskasunshine, here's what my fabric closet now looks like. Thank you SO MUCH for the inspiration!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-93702.jpe