Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
BEGINNER BLOCKS #1:  THE 9-PATCH AND VARIANTS - A SHELLYQ TUTORIAL >

BEGINNER BLOCKS #1: THE 9-PATCH AND VARIANTS - A SHELLYQ TUTORIAL

BEGINNER BLOCKS #1: THE 9-PATCH AND VARIANTS - A SHELLYQ TUTORIAL

Old 05-30-2008, 02:22 PM

No worries jbs, I luv playing with patterns and fabrics :P

Oh I also forgot to mention previously that I have these bookmarked, so if anyone can't find them just click on my name above my avatar (look for the mushroom) and then click on my bookmarks, you'll be able to find them that way too :wink: .
Old 05-30-2008, 05:17 PM

Cool, thanks for letting us know.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:40 AM

Slyghfox here...I just found your tutorial on the 4 patch....it answered all my questions...Thanks again! :D
Old 06-09-2008, 08:12 AM

Shelly,

Thanks for all your hard work in putting together the directions. The quarter inch seam direction tips will be most helpful as sometimes I have trouble not having everything as accurate as I want it to be, I want everything to be perfect but being a beginner quilter, I must remember it is practice and patience. Thanks again.

Anne
Old 06-09-2008, 05:23 PM

Slyghfox: Glad you found it, sorry I didn't spot your post in time to help, but alls well that ends well :P . I've been offline a few days, getting the next tutorial ready, I have to get it ready ahead of time as my son is arriving from the South Island next week. I only get to see him once a year in mid winter as he works on a dairy farm and you know I won't have any time to get any quilty stuff done when "his lordship's" around :lol:

AFW: Glad it helped, try not to worry too much about getting things perfect. I gave myself untold heartache cause nothing I made was ever good enough, till I learnt not to sweat the small stuff :wink: . And you're right it's mostly practice and time, it'll get better, you should see my first quilting stitches, dey looks like dey da basting stitches lol :lol: but it's still hanging together so it can't of been that bad :wink:
Old 06-09-2008, 05:27 PM

late posting, but a pdf file would be great. I have been trying to take notes & catch up to the next sessions.
Thanks,
SandyGail
Old 06-09-2008, 05:55 PM

Hi Sandy :D , There is a PDF File on Page3 of this thread, 2nd posting down, hope that helps. I am including a PDF on all of these, usually just after the main tutorial. I can't get everything in it but include the instructions for making the blocks.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:56 AM

Shelly,

Awesome tutorial!! I am a beginner and I'm always looking for instructions like this. I have taken one short class and I have a book, but sometimes the books aren't that simple to follow so I really appreciate all the time and effort you've put into this. Do you teach classes?

Thanks,
Barb
Old 06-30-2008, 03:03 PM

Hi Barb
Thanks so much :D , I did start to teach classes in the past, but life interviened but it is something I am aiming to get back to. Am thinking of runing a beginners class at the local High school in the new year, have to make a few queries first and find out if its feasable. I really like working with beginners, enjoy their enthusiasim, its catching :P