Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Bow Tuck Tote Pictorial Tutorial

I just bought the pattern today. Can't wait to try it. Hope to get alot out of your tute when I asemble mine. Thanks for posting.

Having published patterns, the price reflects the hours of work in coming up with and perfecting the pattern, the cost of production, the cost of printing. It is really a labor intensive project, I hope that helps answer your question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar_ie
    I got my pattern through Amazon where the price was $10 & free shpg.
    I had seen them on another site before Amazon & the price was $9 plus $4.99 shpg. I don't get that price for just a paper pattern.
    I
    There are sites were you can get patterns for free..
    www.henriettashandbags.com for one ..[/quote]

Blog Entries
    knlsmith, this is the coolest pictorial I have ever seen, and very thorough. THANK YOU!!! This is the kind of direction I can follow:-) Can you show it next to your hand. I can not see how big or small it actually is.
    peggy

Quote Originally Posted by peggy463
    knlsmith, this is the coolest pictorial I have ever seen, and very thorough. THANK YOU!!! This is the kind of direction I can follow:-) Can you show it next to your hand. I can not see how big or small it actually is.
    peggy
    I modified the pattern to a size I like. It is more the size of the mini bow tuck. I don't have a pic handy, but I can put a gallon of milk in it to give you an idea of size. Hope this helps. And thanks so much for the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by knlsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeps Them In Stitches
    I have bookmarked your Tut on t he Bow Tuck Tote as I appreciate the visual aids.

It looks like you are using the PFF (Pellon 987F Fusible Fleece). Would your recommend using regular batting as a substitute? Or could that make it too bulky?
    I see no problem with it. I know others have used regular batting and basting spray. I haven't tried it. I have used NON fusible fleece and just ran basting stitch around the edge of it to the fabric.
    I don't have any Pellon, I've made 4 or 5 of these just using Warm&Natural that I have on hand (I buy it by the Queen size roll). No problems so far!

My last bowtuck, I used the regular Pellon fleece (about the same wt. as the fusible), and spray basted it. About $4/yd savings on the fleece.

That's what I love about patterns, they are like recipes for chilli. So many different ways to get a great outcome! :)

wow and double wow you did a fantastic job thanks for the help.

I guess this might be a weird question, but I was thinking of getting this pattern, and now wondering does the pattern just have instructions with the size of everything, but not actual pattern pieces to cut out to go by?

Quote Originally Posted by JuneBillie
    I guess this might be a weird question, but I was thinking of getting this pattern, and now wondering does the pattern just have instructions with the size of everything, but not actual pattern pieces to cut out to go by?
    No pattern pieces, but it is really easy cutting. All squares and rectangles. I know you can do it! :)

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast