Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxy Bullseye and Mini-Tut

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Wow, your latest photo sure shows the color better. Even cooler. Thanks. It could be used to make an I spy type of quilt for kids.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Quote Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
    Wow, your latest photo sure shows the color better. Even cooler. Thanks. It could be used to make an I spy type of quilt for kids.
    Yes, some kid is going to be happy with this quilt!! I will continue using the novelty prints in the centers for a fun quilt for a kid, teen or adult! One of the prints has garden seed packets that says, Pansy, Sunflower and Basil! I will have fun digging thru the stash for some fun fabrics. No telling what I'll find!!

Blog Entries
    I really like this quilt and the method of making it! It's not like anything I've ever seen. will you post a picture once it's finished and washed so that we can see how it "rags" up?

Thanks for doing the tut for us!
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkiris View Post
    I really like this quilt and the method of making it! It's not like anything I've ever seen. will you post a picture once it's finished and washed so that we can see how it "rags" up?

Thanks for doing the tut for us!
    Thank you, Pinkiris! Yes, I sure will post a pic after it's all washed and raggy as I can't wait to see it myself!

For everyone else, I forgot to mention that this quilt is not just limited to a circle shape!! Yes, you can make it a star shape, hexagon, circle, boxy circle, or even just squares or tilt the squares and you'll have a wonky square bullseye!!

I drew a pic of my pattern for a Hexagon Bullseye since I was considering it, but will draw a pattern in Paints for those who might be interested and post it here soon. My pen and ink drawing is not too suitable for download since it was a draft. It would, of course, have to be PP. Will post that pattern for whoever may want it. Thanks again, Pinkiris and am so glad you love my quilt!

Ok, I went to Paints and drew my pattern for the hexie bullseye and you can see how the hexie appears when the 4 blocks come together. Drawing with a comp mouse is not my ideal way to draw, but I think you can see how it will look from my drawing. This would have to be PP for it to come out hexie shaped, but would be very nice in a mini size! Name:  hexie bullseye pattern.JPG
Views: 286
Size:  19.7 KB
    Hexie Bullseye Pattern

First, let me say that your tutorial is done very nicely. It is easy to use and understand. I love it. I did one using circles but it had a very different layout, A Different Kind Of Scrappy Quilt . Now, here is my question. Why couldn't you do one just using squares without cutting off the corners, using either layout? As I looked at the pictute of your blocks, this thought came to me and I wanted another opinion.

You are a very talented and kind to share the tutorial. Thanks for sharing

You can also just cut a square then 3 circles in decreasing sizes and sew circles on square( around the circles)...then just cut the sewn square into 1/4ths (down sewn square then across the square.)You will have 4 pieces and then mix up all the segments and sew together.

That is what I did in the above post where I showed a different kind of scrappy but I didn't put them back into circles when I was done. It is time consuming but turns out real nice, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by quilting nurse View Post
    You can also just cut a square then 3 circles in decreasing sizes and sew circles on square( around the circles)...then just cut the sewn square into 1/4ths (down sewn square then across the square.)You will have 4 pieces and then mix up all the segments and sew together.

Great job and nice tute!
    Born to Quilt, Forced to work.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast