Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24

Thread: Card Trick blocks an easy way

Thank you for sharing!!

Wow, thanks so much Jan. This is amaizing! I always loved the card trick pattern and once did a few blocks, but the triangles were so time consuming that I never did do enough of them to create a top. Did you post a pick of your quilt? If you did I missed it in the tread. Again...thanks!

Hi Jan so nice to see you and glad to see the tute. I am going to try my hand at it and see how it comes out, one never knows till they try right? :-). Good to see you!
    Maybe the star you are aiming for isn't as bright as it seems until we look for the light that shines from within. God created us all to be stars in our right.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnM View Post
    Wow, thanks so much Jan. This is amaizing! ....Did you post a pick of your quilt? Again...thanks!
    Here is a sample I have just made for a workshop I will be teaching in Martinsburg WV on April 28. There are spaces still available, would love for YOU to be there!

Jan in VA
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    Did the pattern come up for you, Irishrose, I still haven't gotten it on my screen?

Jan in VA
    It loaded & came up perfectly for me... woo hoo! More on the to-do list! I've always wanted to make one of these in Xmas fabrics... Xmas Cards...
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much for the wonderful instructions with diagrams. The only thing missing was the size of the end triangles and the 4 corner blocks. How large should I cut them? This is a hundred times easier than the pattern I had with half-square and quarter square triangles. I knew the board would come through for me.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Jan. I've printed it out and put it in my "Quilt Fun" notebook.

On another project: I'm trying to make a Checkered Dresden from MSQC. I bought the template and watched the video about 5 times. I reached into the stash and picked out a Jelly Roll from Northcott named Opal. I started sewing 4 strips together and my seams are great. But when I measured the 4 piece strip sets, I had anywhere from 7 1/2 inches to 8 inches. I need 8 1/2. So it was then that I heard the voice of my mentor in my head. "All precuts are not cut correctly". Somehow the: measure before you start....was not in my head. I got the roll about 2 years ago from ???? The whole project is just sitting there. Now what? The strips actually measure 2 3/8ths.

I suppose I could rip out all the seams and sew them so that I get 8 1/2. What do you think? Marcia

Quote Originally Posted by stichinluvr View Post
    It is private message. Go to the top of the page and there is a section "private messages". You can send anyone a message and no one else can read it. Use this especially if you are sending your name and address. This is a public board and you don't want to publish that information.
    You can also click on a member's name and will see the option to do a private message.
    Sally

Thank you so much for the great tutorial. I hope to try it out soon. I love your method. The workshop photo is really pretty!

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24