A couple of people have asked about the construction. On this one, I used old phone book pages for the foundation, then pulled them off. I sewed from the center strip outwards on each block. I trimmed for uniformity. Then, I put each block on a piece of Hobbs Thermore batting and sewed over each seam with bright colored thread and fancy stitches. I think those were probably a waste of time, although they certainly made for a very stable block. I then added a border and backed it with a good quality of muslin, which is what I have used for my previous scrappy window covers because I like the glow. Except for the borders, I quilted with SitD on the block-edge seams and a diagonal seam on each block. Thermore has a lot of body, so it does not sag.
I am doing another which has squares of Thermore as foundation. It is very dense. good quality muslin reflects the light very well. I plan on a pretty black border, and no fancy stitches. I'll quilt with SitD and feathers on the border. DH saw mine and wants one by his recliner. This method works well for a baby or lap quilt, although I would use eye-spy type scraps and a flannel or fleece backing. It is not intended as an heirloom quilt. Another I made with Hobbs 80/20 hung on my window for 10 years before we moved. It had no noticeable damage. I suspect annual washing was more harmful than the sunlight.
The cat covers pin holes that I did not see until I was quilting.