Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: DHM printing on binding

Such an awesome idea! Thanks for posting...I really dislike doing labels!
    Being skinny isn't easy, so I gave up and opted for being sexy instead. (aunty acid)

What a neat idea! Thanks for the tutorial!

I love this idea. I know hate is a strong word, but I really do hate making a big, story label! Now I can do a small "created with love" label, and put the story around the edge! Nice way to think "outside the box", literally! Thank you!

how fun can that be. I can do that on one of my machines and I hope I remember to do this. You could put who it was made by or the year. I think it would be special for the kids to put their names or something funny on it.
    enjoy your life...it's the only one you have!!!
    Heather

This is great! I did this on a my daughter and SIL's wedding signature quilt. It turned out wonderfully well, and now the date of their wedding will always be on their quilt. Thanks for the tut!
    My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Great idea!
    Did you put the interfacing on the entire binding or just the area to be labeled???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luvrazz View Post
    Great idea!
    Did you put the interfacing on the entire binding or just the area to be labeled???
    I put the interfacing only on the part that is being used for the lettering. I always do a test printing first on a piece of scrap fabric and that gives me the length for the interfacing I need to cut for the actual printing.

I will put something on each of the four edges of the quilt so no matter which way you hold it there is a little saying or joke or quotation. I also add the name of the quilt, the pattern, date, who it is made for and my name.

Hope you get a chance to try this and post your project for everyone to enjoy.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Thanks for the tutorial! What a cool idea and I'm going to practice doing it. Do you have the writing showing on the right side of the quilt?
    ShirleyD

Blog Entries
    The writing will be on the back of the quilt binding but if you wanted to there is no reason why it couldn't be done so it is on the front. Just reposition where you put the printing.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Quote Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
    The writing will be on the back of the quilt binding but if you wanted to there is no reason why it couldn't be done so it is on the front. Just reposition where you put the printing.
    peace
    Thank you for answering. I hope to try it soon. My machine does lettering but I haven't perfected it yet.
    ShirleyD

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast