Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Fabric Boxes with French Seams Tutorial

I have been thinking about hopefully doing one just a bit taller than I did with the one from last night. I have a 16 1/2 inch square ruler and will use that as a guide. I hesitate to do it way larger as I think I may have a slightly not as stiff box as I would like and I will keep it in mind the triangle/ seam is the height. Now I have to go do dishes.

I've been wanting to make one of these and tonight I did! I used the original site at the beginning but cut my square at 13" because that was what fabric I had. After turning & quilting... I chose randomly to measure up 2 " from the corners & drew my diagonal....stitched on there and then again 1/4" away.... and trimmed off to the 1/8th" marking.... whew... then followed the directions here & ended up with a little fabric box the exact size that holds a toilet paper roll! Name:  Anne & Chris003_edited (Small).JPG
Views: 112
Size:  59.8 KB

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Excellent Thimble!!!! It looks great. Thank you for posting a photo.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

[QUOTE=thimblebug6000;6469639]I've been wanting to make one of these and tonight I did! I used the original site at the beginning but cut my square at 13" because that was what fabric I had. After turning & quilting... I chose randomly to measure up 2 " from the corners & drew my diagonal....stitched on there and then again 1/4" away.... and trimmed off to the 1/8th" marking.... whew... then followed the directions here & ended up with a little fabric box the exact size that holds a toilet paper roll! Name:  Anne & Chris003_edited (Small).JPG
Views: 112
Size:  59.8 KB[/QUOTE

Perfect, now that is wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you. This has a "neater" interior and I think I would really like this. Made several but didn't use this method yet.

Thanks for the tutorial. I am definitely going to try this with some of my extra fabric. Pictures help.
    Lizzy in La.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6