Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Folded Dahlia

Wow! Gonna do one asap! Thanks a bunch!

I love this. One more thing to add to the to do list. Thanks!

I am excited to try this. Thank you so much for the excellent tutorial.

Wow, FANTASTIC tutorial/directions!!! I had to try it this morning. A little tip: the last color (green one) is going to be the fabric between the arms of the star. I should have made it a darker blue or maybe the same as the fabric that I am going to put this with on the front panel of a tote. . I also took a little stitch in the bottom of each petal once it was folded, seemed to need it to keep it in place.

Thank you so much dungeonquilter!!!! Great job with the explanation.

First try with some scraps!
    Name:  Attachment-187998.jpe
Views: 221
Size:  48.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by dungeonquilter
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-114516-1.htm
    Someone posted to this thread that they would like a tutorial in English. I thought I would give it a try.
    When I stacked them, I placed them on my cutting board and used the lines to place them at 1/2" intervals.
    I tried to place the top fold of the stack as close to the center of the background as possible.
    Thanks QuiltnNan for the tip.
    Great Job Thank you so much for the information

Quote Originally Posted by BATIKQLTR
    Wow, FANTASTIC tutorial/directions!!! I had to try it this morning. A little tip: the last color (green one) is going to be the fabric between the arms of the star. I should have made it a darker blue or maybe the same as the fabric that I am going to put this with on the front panel of a tote. . I also took a little stitch in the bottom of each petal once it was folded, seemed to need it to keep it in place.

Thank you so much dungeonquilter!!!! Great job with the explanation.
    Looks great. Can't wait to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC
    Someone posted to this thread that they would like a tutorial in English. I thought I would give it a try.
    When I stacked them, I placed them on my cutting board and used the lines to place them at 1/2" intervals.
    I tried to place the top fold of the stack as close to the center of the background as possible.
    Could a person do this smaller say like with a 4 1/2" square and if so, then how big would the foundation piece need to be?
    I can only suggest that you give it a try and see how it works out. You probably would have to move the folds closer together. The size depends on the measurement from the top of the stack to the bottom of the stack times 2 plus maybe 3-4 inches.

JJC
    Quote Originally Posted by JJC
    Could a person do this smaller say like with a 4 1/2" square and if so, then how big would the foundation piece need to be?
    I can only suggest that you give it a try and see how it works out. You probably would have to move the folds closer together. The size depends on the measurement from the top of the stack to the bottom of the stack times 2 plus maybe 3-4 inches.

Thank-you so much. Will have to try it soon.

Blog Entries
    Wow. Thank you for a very informative tute. Much appreciated. My BFF just told me about this block about 5 minutes ago. I love it.

Dungeonquilter, thanks so much. On a rainy night it is nice to see dahlias bloom. Batikqltr, yours is lovely also.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast