Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Folded Dahlia

This is really good!! I think I had better get out a pile of "not so great fabrics" and give it a try. How pretty. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Ok so now i have a new project to try this afternoon.... lol... love this design!!!!

This is SO AWESOME! I would love to try one of these. :)

Just finished my dahlia!!! Wow super easy.

[quote=0tis]Thanks for the tute - I am making one right now - its really cute but it is very bulky - I think I am going to make it into a throw pillow - but I think it might be a weapon as heavy as it is. Doesn't matter though because its so darn cute. :)[/quote

I made one this way, found it bulky, so the second I made I just used 3inch sections instead of folding worked out great..going to make a quilt I think....

OK, got it. Thank you for the alert on that point.

labtechkty:
    I made one this way, found it bulky, so the second I made I just used 3inch sections instead of folding worked out great..going to make a quilt I think....[/quote]

instead of the 6 inch squares, you used a 3 inch square. "Instead of folding" I don't quite understand. How close did you stack the fabric? The tutorial says 1/2 inch. Do you have a picture of your block? Otis is working on it also.

A quilt with this block will be gorgeous.........if we can get the bulk down a bit.

Thanks

JJC
    [quote=labtechkty]
    Quote Originally Posted by 0tis
    Thanks for the tute - I am making one right now - its really cute but it is very bulky - I think I am going to make it into a throw pillow - but I think it might be a weapon as heavy as it is. Doesn't matter though because its so darn cute. :)[/quote

I made one this way, found it bulky, so the second I made I just used 3inch sections instead of folding worked out great..going to make a quilt I think....
    Can we see a picture pretty please.

Quote Originally Posted by BATIKQLTR
    labtechkty:
    instead of the 6 inch squares, you used a 3 inch square. "Instead of folding" I don't quite understand. How close did you stack the fabric? The tutorial says 1/2 inch. Do you have a picture of your block? Otis is working on it also.

A quilt with this block will be gorgeous.........if we can get the bulk down a bit.

Thanks[/quote]

The original directions called for a 6 inch square folded. This gives you a 3 inch strip, so instead of folding the six inch block and having the extra fabric I just started out with a 3 inch strip and lay them and fold them the same way. It's not as bulky and it lays better...I was also thinking about pressing as I fold but haven't tried that yet...if this works like I hope it will then I think it would make a fantastic block...( I hope that makes sense??) I will try and send a pict.....

made with 3 inch strips
    Name:  Attachment-193493.jpe
Views: 210
Size:  189.7 KB

sooooo, the strips would be 3 x 6 (wide) & still 1/2 inch apart. I can see how this would work. Thanks!!

your purple/aqua is very pretty together. Beautiful block. I hope to get a chance to try this tomorrow. Will let you all know........

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast