Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How I bast my quilts to prevent wrinkles.

Like all your tutorials. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing a great idea.

thanks!

Nice tutorial - wrinkles are my enemies - on me and my quilts!

Quote Originally Posted by rslindiana
    Nice tutorial - wrinkles are my enemies - on me and my quilts!
    That's a good one.

Thanks for the tute! I had issues when laying everything on the floor and preventing wrinkles and creases. I didn't know about basting spray. I assume that washes out?

With lifting the layers up in small sections then spraying, does that cut down on overspray? The fear of overspray on everything stops me from using spray. I got that mess all over a microwave from overspray and couldn't get it off. Do you have glue on the whole layer or just around the edges?

Robin in TX

Blog Entries
    I hae used several different spray bast types and I find 505 is the best. You only need to spray lightly, I never had any issues with it smelling as I have with others. My floor is not sticky once done as that has been a problem when I used the June Taylor. I don't put done newspapers and its fine. You only need a small amount...do not use the whole can on a quilt. I just did three quilt with mine one can.
    Quote Originally Posted by rob529
    With lifting the layers up in small sections then spraying, does that cut down on overspray? The fear of overspray on everything stops me from using spray. I got that mess all over a microwave from overspray and couldn't get it off. Do you have glue on the whole layer or just around the edges?

Robin in TX

Quote Originally Posted by carolaug
    I hae used several different spray bast types and I find 505 is the best. You only need to spray lightly, I never had any issues with it smelling as I have with others. My floor is not sticky once done as that has been a problem when I used the June Taylor. I don't put done newspapers and its fine. You only need a small amount...do not use the whole can on a quilt. I just did three quilt with mine one can.
    Quote Originally Posted by rob529

Robin in TX
    Thanks for the info. I have no idea which brand I used. Maybe the product was my problem.
    Robin in TX

I love your blog--What did you use for your ottoman and queensize tumbler blocks? Those are not the same shape as the accucut go die.
    colleen

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast