Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Machine Stitched Cathedral Window Tutorial

Very good job on the tutorial. This is very different from the way I have been machine stitching the same block. Thanks for doing this.

Thanks Eddie, I had started one of these about a month ago and was following directions from a book, you make it so much easier, now I just have to get back to it. :lol:

Eddie, I was just re-reading your tutorial on CW...I realize I'm trying to "reinvent the wheel" but can this be sewn by hand...and will the steps be the same? Thanks so much!

Yes, this could be done by hand as well and the steps would essentially be the same. The only difference probably would be when sewing the arc around the four edges of the glass -- instead of top-stitching it you'd want to blind-stitch along the edges of it so that the stitches wouldn't show.

Quote Originally Posted by eightylady
    Eddie, I was just re-reading your tutorial on CW...I realize I'm trying to "reinvent the wheel" but can this be sewn by hand...and will the steps be the same? Thanks so much!
    This pattern was originally done by hand. Same process, as Eddie said.

I have a friend who tells of sitting at the bedside of a bed-ridden relative, making a cathedral window quilt. All by hand...

Thank you Eddie, great instructions. This I will be doing for our daughter. She will love it. May take awhile since I have three quilts in different stages already.
    It's going to be hard not to start right away.

Thanks for the great tutorial, have always loved cathedral windows but thought they had to be hand done. Wonderful detailed photos and instructions.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Eddie,

You make it look so easy, I want to try it but I am a newbie so I think I will keep to a more simple quilt for now. I am looking foward to the next step. I can wait I am bookmarking them.

Blog Entries
    Eddie....OMG...You are my HERO!!!! Too funny, I just asked my quilting teacher the other day if she knew how to make CW block because I want to learn how to do it. She said that she would have to find her's and show me. Low and behold...I'm browsing through the forum and decided to look at the tut's and what did I see??? Your AWESOME so easy to understand Tut!!! You are the BOMB!!!!

Thank you,
    Mish :0)

It is pretty. You could use applique stitch on machine, then border windows with decorative feather stitch.

Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast