Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Machine Stitched Cathedral Window Tutorial

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I was starting a CW quilt that was hand stitched. Then I came across your tutorial today. Thank goodness I hadn't started yet!!!
    Now I will use your machine method to make mine.
    Bless you Eddie!!

Banned
    Eddie, your tutorial was sooooo easy to follow and clear. I just sat down and did a four piece CW to try it out and was totally amazed at how well it worked together. Thank you for taking the time to put that tutorial together for all of us.
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter

I had some time yesterday to try out this technique as well and after a little glitch, the light bulb moment went on and it worked really well for me too

Elle

Thanks Eddie,
    You made it look so simple. Now I don't have any excuse. ;)

Eddie -- I made a sample of this machine stitched CW, but when I got to Step 28 , the folded piece did not curve...it was straight. Do you know what I'm doing wrong?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It looks like you're trying to sew the "glass" piece onto a single block? When looking at a set of 4 blocks that have been stitched together in a 4-patch pattern, the "glass" should cover the intersection where all 4 blocks meet and be in an on-point orientation, i.e., like a diamond on end. Is that how you're doing it?

A purse (or Tote) is a great idea for this. I would like to try it also but want to try it in a small project to see if I like doing it (and am patient enough to do it!!!) before I tackle a quilt!

I was also having trouble understanding that same step--wondering where the loose edges came from. You did a wonderful job on the entire tutorial and with explaining this step better with this extra information and this picture. Thanks. I was thinking it would be fun to make a small project (a tote bag) to try this project as it looks like it is a time consuming project and want to make sure I enjoy doing it before buying fabric for a large quilt. I love it made with the Batiks like you have. It will look wonderful when done.

Yes, you're exactly right. OK -- back to square one for me. Thanks, Eddie.

Oh rats, your instructions have me all inspired to get busy on something like this and I have to go to work now, but later I hope, so thaks for your instructions for all of us....:)

Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 30 ... LastLast