Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Machine Stitched Cathedral Window Tutorial

Hello, all! User juneayerza sent me my tutorial here in a PDF format so I'm posting it here for all of you that would like to download it for future reference. Thanks, June!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If you want a golden rule that will fit everything, this is it: Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful." -- William Morris, 1834-1896

http://arkansasmanquilter.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Eddie. Thank you very much for the tute. you did a wonderful job and I have read and reread and now I know how to do it. again bless you and thank you
    Dawn
    SMILE- it will make everyone wonder what you are up to.
    Stay strong and keep looking up.

Thank you so much for posting this... I have always wanted to make a CW but though it would be to hard, you make it look and sound so easy...thank you

Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters
    Blog Entries
    This is a wonderful tutorial and thanks for taking the time to show it. Coupled with the Elmer's Glue pinning process, this is super easy and a lot of fun. DH oldest son eloped yesterday and he asked me to put aside all UFO and make a quilt for the pair. This will go together in a snap and be so lovely! PS...9 squares down on a row and hundreds to go!
    From the artist formerly known as Missus Fear...Hi, my name is Tracy and I am a hobbyaholic.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/m...ear-79671.html

I would love to see your finished project and how you finished the outside edges

Jane

Quote Originally Posted by Newby0709 View Post
    Here's how I treated the sides. I didn't have a king-size bed to display it. I think you can get an idea. I had no pattern, just took Eddie's tutorial and played with it.Attachment 335981
    You did a super job and I would like t make the same sized quilt, Can you tell me what amount of background fabric you used?

Thank you for any advice!

Was just roaming around the site and saw this since lowjane had brought it to the forefront by commenting today. I read the whole thread, and have to say this is one of the best tutorials ever, as the pics are very clearly illustrating the process.
    I do wonder about the appearance of the back- I'm assuming there is a bar tack at the center of each block where the points are tacked down?

Did you sew down the middle of this row from beginning to end OR did you just tack each center flap with just a few stitches, break thread and keep tacking center flaps down? These are Very Great Pics for each step so far, but I'm not understanding how you sewed down the center flaps "points in the middle" of the block as you called them. Thank you for your Help with this instruction b/c I'm really eager to make one of these with the batiks just as you have - IT'S BEAUTIFUL....

Thank you Eddie & June....

Blog Entries
    would love for you to show the finished project here!!!! Great tute.... I even understand it all!! Thank you!
    Last edited by coachmatthewsvhs; 10-10-2012 at 04:22 PM.
    If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours!

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 ... LastLast