Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Microwave Fabric Bowls

Blog Entries
    THANKS.........just might have to make a few of these too!

What a fantastic idea! I ditto all of the comments and compliments :-) Thanks for the tute, and also to those who posted pictures of those you did! Great job :-)

I love this idea! It is a great way to use smaller pieces of batting leftover. I am also thinking of making some for gifts.Great tutorial. :thumbup:

I saw some 50% bamboo:50% cotton batting today in the store, seems like this would be okay to use, wouldn't it?

Thankyou... Just wanted you all to know that I did not originate this idea. I looked at one that was given to my girlfriend as a gift from someone a long time ago and I figured out my own way of making one myself!!!! I don't want to step on any toes if any one of you have done this yourself. ;) ;) ;)[/quote]

I've never seen one like that before, so yours is an original, as far as I'm concerned!! :thumbup:

I have to say you did a wonderful job on your first Tutorial! I will definitely be making these - great hostess gifts for the holidays, and love that they are reversible :-)

This is my proto type. I always make a sample when trying something new. I'll be making a few more I really like these. I will be using thread to match the fabric on the next ones.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    Awesome idea and tut. Thanks!

Pin RIGHT sides together and be sure your tucks are in opposite directions to avoid the bulk. I pinned each tuck and also on all 4 corners. I forgot to add that you need to make a 3-1/2" opening so you can turn it right side out after sewing all around the edges.

I have a question about this step. Aren't the four tucks taken on both the batting and the top fabric? How can they be in opposite directions? Call me stupid, but I just don't get this step.
    Janet in Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by belmer
    Hi Everyone,
    Well here I go, so I hope this tute works.
    Please forgive me if the pic's are not perfect. This is my first time doing a tutorial.
    First of all I would like to say It is a MUST that you use 100% Cotten batting.( I used warm and Natural).
    There are three sizes you can cut your fabric squares in:
    1) !4" for round casserole dish
    2) 12" for a medium casserole dish or larger bowl
    3) 10"for a typical cereal bowl size.
    Grab one of your bowls from the cupboard that you usually like to use for RE-HEATING and take it into your sewing room before you begin.
    I am making mine in a 12" square because that is the size that seems to fit most of my bowls.
    Great instructions!! These will be great for my DH. He has ramen noodle soup for lunch every day. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Thanks!!

Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast