Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Microwave Fabric Bowls

Fantastic and so easy to make. will be making more for gifts Cr

That is a great tutorial, Thank you for taking the time to post it. We often have soup for lunch on a saturday when we are busy doing chores. These will be greatly appreciated by the kids and I. Unlike my dear partner we do not have asbestos hands as we say in the uk
    ​Jan

Hi
    I am new here and have a dumb question. Could a person use 100% cotton towel as the batting? Also what kind of cotton thread do you use? Mercerized or Glaced or something else?

Just my opinion yirisrose, but it think the weave on the towel would be too loose. I can't really see I it working well for you. If you only need a small amount of batting, some Walmart's carry it on the roll that you could buy a quarter yard. And so does JoAnn's. As for thread, I use cotton. For this project I don't know as it would matter what type.
    JMHO
    LADYBUG

Yirisrose, I don't see any reason why you couldn't use a towel for batting. Many people use towels for batting for hot pads and pot holders.
    Deb

Thanks for sharing. I received one as a gift and now will make several to continue the chain of events.

Just got back from our Spring Craft Fair and thought it would be great to make my own. I now have the pattern!

This is a very cool idea. I'm so tired of using a potholder. I wonder how this would work with our square bowls though. I could probably even kill off the extra corners.

my sister tried putting small darts at the corners also and it comes out looking more like a bowl
    and I don't sew the circle it kind of makes it's own

how lovely...my husband loves his food hot...and i think this could be a wonderful craft sale item for our annual craft sale our guild puts on...

Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 ... LastLast