Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My daughter's hanky quilt including the pattern

Blog Entries

My daughter's hanky quilt including the pattern

Thank you to everyone who commented on my daughter's quilt and for your interest in the pattern. I did get permission from Moda and Patrice (Administrator) to post the pattern here on the Board. There are 3 pages. The first 2 are the copies of the original Moda Hankie Quilt pattern that I got from the quilt store. The 3rd page is a diagram of how I set up my DD quilt showing the sashing. I also used a log cabin block in the corners of the piano key border. Good luck and thanks to all for your kind words. Thank you, Patrice. I appreciate your time and effort.

Distributed with written permission from
    B. Shinn
    Customer Service
    United Notions/Moda Fabrics
    13800 Hutton Drive
    Dallas TX 75234
    800/527-9447 x6615
    214/272-6615 Direct Line
    214/272-6715 Direct Fax

Yolanda Wood River

Name:  Dee's completed quilt.jpg
Views: 9026
Size:  896.4 KBName:  hankie quilt 1.jpg
Views: 8032
Size:  454.0 KBName:  hankie quilt 2.jpg
Views: 8081
Size:  336.5 KBName:  hanky quilt layout.jpg
Views: 7892
Size:  110.4 KB

Thank you SO MUCH....I was going to create my own, but this will be much better! I appreciate you going to all the effort to get the pattern.

Blog Entries
    Thank you, thank you!
    Please post your pet's - past and present -pictures at http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ds-t32280.html

Thank you so much - it is greatly appreciated

Blog Entries
    Yolanda, thank you so much! I forgot to ask -- what size is the quilt? I don't have as many hankies as used in yours. Also, I'm assuming you backed the hankies with French Fuse and then sewed/appliqued them to the Kona blocks?
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Blog Entries
    Thank you so very much! I hope someday I can repay you for your work on obtaining this for us!
    Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone. Pablo Picasso

Thank you so much. I just love your quilt.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Evie View Post
    Yolanda, thank you so much! I forgot to ask -- what size is the quilt? I don't have as many hankies as used in yours. Also, I'm assuming you backed the hankies with French Fuse and then sewed/appliqued them to the Kona blocks?
    Evie! The original pattern calls for fewer hankies. In the Moda pattern there are several blocks that are vintage printed fabrics. By that, I guess I mean, small light colored prints. I did back some of the hankies with French Fuse but ONLY those that were thin or worn. My quilt size was approximately 96" x 116". It fits my DD queen-size bed as a blanket. By that, I mean, that it covers the pillows and I there is no need for shams.

I have a photo of a quilt that my DDIL made for our cottage (twin-size) if you would like to see it, I will post it in "Pictures" or I can send it to you via e-mail. Contact me any time that you feel you would like my input. Yolanda Wood River

Blog Entries
    In the Moda Hankie Quilt pattern, only the "H" numbered blocks contain hankies. The other blocks are printed fabric blocks. This pattern is for a twin-size bed. Therefore, you do not need as many hankies as I used in my DD quilt. Please feel free to contact me at any time. I am so pleased that my quilt has inspired others to make their hankie quilts too. Yolanda Wood River

thank you for the pattern !!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast