Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
Paper Piecing illustrations >

Paper Piecing illustrations

Paper Piecing illustrations

Old 09-24-2007, 11:21 AM

I have a rather large basket of scraps. SO I just toss my excess chunks into there for the next paper piecing project. I've also been going through my scraps and cutting many into useable squares and strips for a future strip piecing project or scrappy quilt. Nothing is to be wasted, if I can help it.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Steve
OK, so I know it hasn’t always had negative connotations, but when I got this patch, the Fly’s Foot, together I was heartbroken; it turned out a swastika. You’d think I’d have seen it in the pattern but I didn’t and feel sick about spending time on something I sincerely dislike. Anyway, the piecing went well so I guess that’s one good thing. I just feel like I’ve been had, even if it is in paisley. :(
Steve ... i don't know if this will make you feel any better or not but i'd like to give it a shot. I'm very Jewish and, therefore, extremely sensitive to things like the Swastika and Confederate Flag. I say this in all sincerity: if you hadn't said anything, i would never have connected any dots between your FlyFoot and the Swastika. Even if I had, I'd have known any semblance was unintended on your part.

take it apart and rearrange it if it will make you feel better. but don't do it because you're afraid you'll hurt somebody else if you don't. it's a PINWHEEL, silly boy. like the ones we all played with as children.

relax. the PC Police have no probable cause for a warrant. :wink:
Old 01-29-2008, 08:31 PM
Banned

:? mmmm Looks Interesting,never tried it, are you new Steve?? What do you do when you need a 12" block? I like your star.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:21 AM

Most paper piece patterns come in parts and the parts go together to make the whole, hopefully the size that you want. If the pattern isn't for a block size you want you can put the parts on a copier and increase or decrease the size of the block to the size you want. Check Quilter's Cache. They have some great paper pieced blocks and in many different sizes also.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:48 AM

This link takes you to a chart that gives % for enlarging & reducing blocks to the size you want:

http://www.thequiltedsnail.com/scale.html
Old 01-30-2008, 07:43 PM
Power Poster

this was so great. been nervous about ppr pcing and i have a nice book. i learn from pictures and simple instructions so much better. gonna try it again. great demo!