Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Paths to Better Stippling/Meandering

To conquer FMQ and actually finish something I gave myself permission to cross lines if it became necessary so now I loop the loop all over my quilts. I shall definitely try your brilliant method on my next quilt - I need to extend my repertoire. I'm also feather challenged even on paper!
    There is nothing you can do to make God love you more and nothing you can do to make Him love you less.

I can not thank you enough for showing how you figured this out!!! I drew it on paper then used a disappearing ink marker to put it on a baby quilt, wow! That's all I can say!! I only did an 18x18 piece and then free handed from there! I am addicted! I have whipped thru 4 quilts that were stacking up with me dreading how I was going to top stitch them! Thank you , thank you, THANK YOU!!!!!!

I'm going to try this method of meandering (don't you just love that word?? :-))). Makes a lot more sense to me now.
    Janome 6500P & 200e
    Singer Futura & 1900 N Series Singer Treadle w/cabinet
    A rose without one petal is still a rose. ~LadyAmp

Awesome, brilliant. Thank you for sharing. I'm a little left-brained (sometimes no-brained) myself. I'm so excited, I have been procrastinating on a project for the very reason you mentioned. Storm forward, I say, and don't look back.

Quilting in Texas
    Vonna

This is one of those "slap my forehead and wonder why I didn't think of this" moments! Brilliant! I'm going to give this a try and I just happen to currently be working on a very large quilt that is getting an all over meander. Thanks so much!!

looks like you came up with a winner! Thanks

WOW-you are incredible! What a fabulous idea. I can't wait to practice. I love your technique. Thanks so much for sharing!
    Grinster.....
    Be proud of who you are and what you do. You define the things around you-things will never define you.

Thank You!!!

I certainly will try this method...thank you.

Dear Wendy, I am just getting into free motion quilting,often get stuck in a corner etc. this idea is great. Tomorrow I will use your advice and give it another go.Once again a board member is there with god advice.Thank you. Letty

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 ... LastLast