Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Printable Instructions for Easy Patchwork Jacket

Blog Entries
    The instructions and pictures are great. I love the blue jacket! Can't wait to pick out the fabrics. You even made that easy!

Thanks a million,
    Quilter711

This is a beautiful Jacket. Im going to give it a whirl. Thanks, Rosanna1951

Thank you for posting this! It's a great tutorial and I'm so happy that you got it into a PDF for us. Your jackets are beautiful! I can't wait to try one - have been wanting to make one for quite some time, but keept forgetting the steps :)

Thanks again!
    Debbie in Austin

Blog Entries
    Thanks so much for coming up with a great tutorial. I have two questions, I read where you mentioned being careful not to stretch the sweatshirt when sewing the pieces down. Would using a fusible interfacing help to keep the sweatshirt from stretching? Second, have you used any other fabrics than cotton? I got lucky enough to get swatches of silk from a drapery and upholstery store that was closing. I'd like to make a crazy patch jacket. Do you think the sweatshirt base idea would work?
    Sorry that was three questions! Chris

Quote Originally Posted by seweasy
    Thanks so much for coming up with a great tutorial. I have two questions, I read where you mentioned being careful not to stretch the sweatshirt when sewing the pieces down. Would using a fusible interfacing help to keep the sweatshirt from stretching? Second, have you used any other fabrics than cotton? I got lucky enough to get swatches of silk from a drapery and upholstery store that was closing. I'd like to make a crazy patch jacket. Do you think the sweatshirt base idea would work?
    Sorry that was three questions! Chris
    If you are just careful, you shouldn't need any interfacing. I think that using mixed fabrics would make an awesome jacket! Just be careful about how you wash it.

Can't wait to see yours!

Julie

Thanks, I have lots of scraps and am excited to try this. Lyn

Wow! Thanks for the great project and taking the time to do the tutorial (and in printable form, no less!). Your jackets are absolutely wonderful.

O Wow this is so awesome, thank you so much for this great Tut.. :D :thumbup:

Thank you!!! This is WONDERFUL! I have seen jackets like this and even have some fabric saved up to make one, but I had no idea how. Now I do!!! YAY!!!!

Great jacket. However I need to learn how to do a download. I am seriously hunting for directions. Any suggestions are welcomed. :-D :-D

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast