Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   13 Ways to Make Differant Looking Quilt Blocks from One Quilt Block Pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/13-ways-make-differant-looking-quilt-blocks-one-quilt-block-pattern-t75142.html)

Lady with Thread 11-08-2010 03:59 PM

Rhonda that is just so neat how color and a simple block can change in so many ways. I think I'm going to have to go load EQ6 onto my new computer and play with this....lol

Rhonda 11-08-2010 04:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by SueDor
Cool Rhonda, very cool. Has any one told you that #9 looks like pac man?

Noone has said anything yet but I did one for the Sampler Quilt Along that is strongly pacman looking!!

This one is a Drunkard's Path instead of Wings I guess but I can see the pacmans eating the squares! LOL

Rhonda 11-08-2010 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lady with Thread
Rhonda that is just so neat how color and a simple block can change in so many ways. I think I'm going to have to go load EQ6 onto my new computer and play with this....lol

This is my favorite way to play!!! I would rather be doing this on my EQ than sewing! LOL LOL I love to design. It is just too much fun!!

Rhonda 11-08-2010 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by merrylouw
Rhonda,

You ROCK as a teacher!!!!!!!!

Thank you for this tute. I'm looking forward to next Friday.

MerryLou

Thank you so much Merrylou!

gingerella 11-08-2010 04:49 PM

But Wait !!! There MUST be MORE !!!

Where are the instructions for the block?

Rhonda 11-08-2010 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by gingerella

Gingerella there is a link at the beginnning above that you can click on go to the directions for making the Wings block. If you have any questions I will be happy to help!

2ursula 11-08-2010 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda

Gingerella there is a link at the beginnning above that you can click on go to the directions for making the Wings block. If you have any questions I will be happy to help!

Yes, and excellent instructions they are!

I found your wing block instructions a while back and keep experimenting with the method. It is so neat. Your color theory is also right on the mark. I have been collecting block designs for practice and for a sampler quilt. After a while, I put several color variations of the same block side by side. Sometimes, it takes looking twice to recognize blocks as being the same geometric design.

I wanted to at least say thanks once for all your efforts to help us newcomers. Your tutorials are marvelous. Publishing them here is very generous!

Thanks!

Rhonda 11-08-2010 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by 2ursula

Originally Posted by Rhonda

Yes, and excellent instructions they are!

I found your wing block instructions a while back and keep experimenting with the method. It is so neat. Your color theory is also right on the mark. I have been collecting block designs for practice and for a sampler quilt. After a while, I put several color variations of the same block side by side. Sometimes, it takes looking twice to recognize blocks as being the same geometric design.

I wanted to at least say thanks once for all your efforts to help us newcomers. Your tutorials are marvelous. Publishing them here is very generous!

Thanks!

Thank you Ursula

littlehud 11-08-2010 07:08 PM

Wonderful as always Rhonda. Thanks for sharing.

gingerella 11-08-2010 08:45 PM

Thanks ladies. I went back and re-read the first paragraph and checked out how the block was made. Very interesting results I must say - your "quilts" are absolutely terrific !