Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   13 Ways to Make Differant Looking Quilt Blocks from One Quilt Block Pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/13-ways-make-differant-looking-quilt-blocks-one-quilt-block-pattern-t75142.html)

wildyard 11-11-2010 02:45 PM

If you turn the 4 corner blocks in #9, wouldn't it give you 4 circular shapes for applique or embroidery? Or just a nice floral or other interesting design print.

Rhonda 11-11-2010 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard
If you turn the 4 corner blocks in #9, wouldn't it give you 4 circular shapes for applique or embroidery? Or just a nice floral or other interesting design print.

these are pieced blocks so I'm not sure how you would do applique with them or embroidery. Do you mean mix the two by adding an applique inside the circular type section?

wildyard 11-11-2010 05:19 PM

"Do you mean mix the two by adding an applique inside the circular type section?"

Yes, that is what I was thinking. But it would be cool with just some nice florals in those sections too.

Rhonda 11-11-2010 06:48 PM

"Do you mean mix the two by adding an applique inside the circular type section?"

Yes, that is what I was thinking. But it would be cool with just some nice florals in those sections too.

You'll have to do one and let me see it!! :mrgreen:

wildyard 11-11-2010 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda

LOL that's what your fancy program is for. I'll have it on my TO DO list, but it's getting pretty long. Smilessssssssss

Rhonda 11-11-2010 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda

LOL that's what your fancy program is for. I'll have it on my TO DO list, but it's getting pretty long. Smilessssssssss

Ah but my "fancy program" can only do so much and it is so much more satisfying to see it in real life!! LOL
I'll be waiting to see it one day when you have time to play!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Evelynquilts 11-12-2010 06:40 PM

Fantastic... :thumbup:

CarrieAnne 11-13-2010 08:27 AM

Thanks!

mim 11-13-2010 08:35 AM

wow !! what a great idea !! and a good way to use up fabrics -- make squares to use in the furure when you get bogged down -- ready made / half done quilt

quilterguy27 11-13-2010 02:22 PM

Rhonda:
You are the best!!! How genius of you to come up with these blocks.