Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Alaskasunshine's fabric folding( organizing your quilt room) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/alaskasunshines-fabric-folding-organizing-your-quilt-room-t43871.html)

cindiperron 01-18-2014 02:50 PM

I know I'm posting quite a while since you first posted your wonderful tutorial, but....would you mind telling me exactly what material you've used for making the bolts? Thanks! I will also try to send you a message just in case you don't get a notification from the forum.

alfosa421 01-18-2014 03:01 PM

OMG Is that in your house? What a stash!!!! Amazing. I think I will try to go back and organize mine better now that I have seen yours Lucky girl!!!

cindiperron 01-19-2014 05:51 AM

Ok, I found the answers to my question on your reply to someone else!

craftyfox 02-22-2014 07:10 PM

where do you find the clips?

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine (Post 992528)
Folding and keeping your fabric neat!!! :-D

Where would I find the clips you used

SANDRAW 10-26-2014 04:30 PM

I love this idea. Wat did you cut your boards out of?

Mandysmom 11-02-2014 02:03 PM

I may have missed something here. What kind of boards are you using here? At one point I think they were referred to as "signs". Maybe I am just not following it right. It looks amazing in your room though. My bookcase shelving awaits your answer!

tootsie00 11-06-2014 04:29 AM

Mandysmom, the boards she is using is that corrugated plastic that is used to make the political, for sale, yard sale and other signs out of. I have seen other people use the card board for comic book storage. You can find both on line. I use heavy weight cardboard for mine. You can check with the political parties to see if they will let the signs go as the elections are now over. Also, look back through the questions and answers on this post to see if anyone has posted companies to buy from. I know the boards are sold in larger sheets that you can cut at home.

beckyj 08-05-2015 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by kapatt (Post 1149981)
Thank you for this idea and for taking the time to do the tutorial. I've started refolding my material on the two different boards. For now, the folded material is going back into the small tubs that I use for my material. Later on, I'll be able to get the shelving. I found that the small boards fit great in my small tubs, so I'll still be able to organize them by color. (I love the way you've organized your material.

As I look around locally for what was available to use for the boards, I decided to try "foam board". I was able to pick up a sheet (30x40x3/16) at "Staples" for around $7.00. It is a little bit thick, but I actually like it that way.

I just read the post with the link for ordering the sign material on the internet. I think that would be a cheaper way to go then with the foam material...but I think I'll stick with the foam board since I like the thickness.

Thanks again for sharing.

found foam board at dollar store for one dollar. 2' by 3'

beckyj 08-05-2015 06:53 AM

log cabin quilters are in anchorage. Google them

Kathyree 08-20-2015 05:25 PM

What are the boards made of? Do you put fat quarters on the small boards?