Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Bow Tuck Tote Pictorial Tutorial (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/bow-tuck-tote-pictorial-tutorial-t55016.html)

Greeter Eva 07-21-2010 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by knlsmith

Originally Posted by Greeter Eva
That was so nice. Now I want buy me the pattern. I wonder if anyone could do the X-Bag this way? I have started that one , but now I'm stuck.

What is the X bag and I will see what I can do.

I found this address on the pattern package www.FourCornersDesigns.com

charvan 07-21-2010 11:16 AM

Thanks for the tutorial-I have had this pattern since April and have not been able to figure it out yet. Must be the start of dementia. Your tute will be a visual help. Thanks again.

Mar_ie 07-21-2010 02:13 PM

I got my pattern through Amazon where the price was $10 & free shpg.
I had seen them on another site before Amazon & the price was $9 plus $4.99 shpg. I don't get that price for just a paper pattern.
I[/quote]

There are sites were you can get patterns for free..
www.henriettashandbags.com for one ..

Pat G 07-21-2010 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mar_ie
I had seen them on another site before Amazon & the price was $9 plus $4.99 shpg. I don't get that price for just a paper pattern.
I

www.henriettashandbags.com for one ..[/quote]

Marie, I looked all around Henriettas site but didn't find a free pattern for Bow Tucks. This is the same person I got my pattern from. Am I missing something? Can you maybe guide me to a free one? I found a link to it that has free bags others might like. Thanks for this info.

Alondra 07-21-2010 04:16 PM

Thank you for posting this tutorial. I've wanted to make a Bow Tuck, but have been put off by the not-too-clear instructions, so have been hesitant to start one. This helps a lot!

knlsmith 07-21-2010 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pat G

I

Marie, I looked all around Henriettas site but didn't find a free pattern for Bow Tucks. This is the same person I got my pattern from. Am I missing something? Can you maybe guide me to a free one? I found a link to it that has free bags others might like. Thanks for this info.[/quote]

The Bow Tuck is not a free pattern, at least I never found one. But it is available all over on the internet and at a lot of LQS.

Pat G 07-21-2010 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by knlsmith

Originally Posted by Pat G

I

Marie, I looked all around Henriettas site but didn't find a free pattern for Bow Tucks. This is the same person I got my pattern from. Am I missing something? Can you maybe guide me to a free one? I found a link to it that has free bags others might like. Thanks for this info.

The Bow Tuck is not a free pattern, at least I never found one. But it is available all over on the internet and at a lot of LQS.[/quote]

Thanks for letting me know. I haven't been able to find a free one either. I guess I misunderstood. I have one on its way now so I'll finally have the pattern.

zz-pd 07-21-2010 11:37 PM

thank you for doing this, I am book marking it. God bless.

Mar_ie 07-22-2010 01:41 AM

Marie, I looked all around Henriettas site but didn't find a free pattern for Bow Tucks. This is the same person I got my pattern from. Am I missing something? Can you maybe guide me to a free one? I found a link to it that has free bags others might like. Thanks for this info.[/quote]

The Bow Tuck is not a free pattern, at least I never found one. But it is available all over on the internet and at a lot of LQS.[/quote]
Sorry about that, I thought I had seen one in passing. There are so many free patterns and tutorials out there maybe you'll be lucky. If I see one on a site I will let you know.

Keeps Them In Stitches 07-22-2010 09:35 PM

I have bookmarked your Tut on t he Bow Tuck Tote as I appreciate the visual aids.

It looks like you are using the PFF (Pellon 987F Fusible Fleece). Would your recommend using regular batting as a substitute? Or could that make it too bulky?