Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Card Trick blocks an easy way (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/card-trick-blocks-easy-way-t100648.html)

ladyshuffler 02-19-2012 11:45 PM

Thank you for sharing!!

LynnM 02-20-2012 08:23 PM

Wow, thanks so much Jan. This is amaizing! I always loved the card trick pattern and once did a few blocks, but the triangles were so time consuming that I never did do enough of them to create a top. Did you post a pick of your quilt? If you did I missed it in the tread. Again...thanks!

katastrofy1967 02-21-2012 06:50 PM

Hi Jan so nice to see you and glad to see the tute. I am going to try my hand at it and see how it comes out, one never knows till they try right? :-). Good to see you!

Jan in VA 04-10-2012 02:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by LynnM (Post 4993609)
Wow, thanks so much Jan. This is amaizing! ....Did you post a pick of your quilt? Again...thanks!

Here is a sample I have just made for a workshop I will be teaching in Martinsburg WV on April 28. There are spaces still available, would love for YOU to be there!

Jan in VA

burchquilts 05-17-2012 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA (Post 2553576)
Did the pattern come up for you, Irishrose, I still haven't gotten it on my screen?

Jan in VA

It loaded & came up perfectly for me... woo hoo! More on the to-do list! I've always wanted to make one of these in Xmas fabrics... Xmas Cards...

Fabric Galore 01-12-2017 08:52 PM

Thank you so much for the wonderful instructions with diagrams. The only thing missing was the size of the end triangles and the 4 corner blocks. How large should I cut them? This is a hundred times easier than the pattern I had with half-square and quarter square triangles. I knew the board would come through for me.

Battle Axe 01-13-2017 03:32 AM

Thanks, Jan. I've printed it out and put it in my "Quilt Fun" notebook.

On another project: I'm trying to make a Checkered Dresden from MSQC. I bought the template and watched the video about 5 times. I reached into the stash and picked out a Jelly Roll from Northcott named Opal. I started sewing 4 strips together and my seams are great. But when I measured the 4 piece strip sets, I had anywhere from 7 1/2 inches to 8 inches. I need 8 1/2. So it was then that I heard the voice of my mentor in my head. "All precuts are not cut correctly". Somehow the: measure before you start....was not in my head. I got the roll about 2 years ago from ???? The whole project is just sitting there. Now what? The strips actually measure 2 3/8ths.

I suppose I could rip out all the seams and sew them so that I get 8 1/2. What do you think? Marcia

selm 01-14-2017 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by stichinluvr (Post 2558845)
It is private message. Go to the top of the page and there is a section "private messages". You can send anyone a message and no one else can read it. Use this especially if you are sending your name and address. This is a public board and you don't want to publish that information.

You can also click on a member's name and will see the option to do a private message.

kerriy 01-24-2017 08:50 PM

Thank you so much for the great tutorial. I hope to try it out soon. I love your method. The workshop photo is really pretty!

thicketof 09-17-2017 10:39 AM

Thanks Jan,
will see if I can get this to work. I have some other blocks to pair with but i have them at 5" now and a little uncertain if I can make all the changes to get all to fit! .. :/. A newbie ..