Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Crumb block Tutorial in pdf format- big thank you to Janeen!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/crumb-block-tutorial-pdf-format-big-thank-you-janeen-t6951.html)

Izy 05-08-2008 02:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
For anyone who may still want to download this tutorial....here it is in pdf file format. Happy stitching!!

Thanks alot Janeen - your a star :D :D

Barb M 05-08-2008 03:09 PM

Oh Izy, that is an awesome tutorial!!! I figured you would find a way to get the instructions up here, so that's what i was waiting for :) now i can just bookmark it, good job Izzy!!! :)

PamH 05-08-2008 03:25 PM

Thanks Izy, it worked the second time for me. Can't wait to try it

Janeen 05-08-2008 03:26 PM

aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
:oops: :oops: :oops:

thank you.... 8)

thimblebug6000 05-08-2008 03:57 PM

Barbm...I've never used the bookmark it before. When the screen is up & I click on the Bookmark it, a little box appears in the top left but I can't make it bigger to see what's actually in it. When I click to see My Bookmarks, there's nothing there. Can you please tell me the correct way to bookmark a post? Thanks so much.

Oops, forgot to say, what a great tutorial, thanks so much!

Barb M 05-08-2008 05:35 PM

thimblebug, the same thing happens to me when i go to bookmark, just a little tiny box comes up, i cant make it any bigger, but i put my cursor in the box, and click the cursor, then hit the enter button, and it works, saw this on another thread :)

isnthatodd 05-08-2008 07:29 PM

Thanks for the pdf file. I couldn't get the other one to open. I am going to try my first blocks next week when I have some evening time (I teach and college classes are over until June!).

Izy 05-09-2008 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Izy, this is a great lesson. But I have one dumb question- what is the difference between a crazy quilt and a crumb block? they look the same to me. thanks, Loretta

ABSOLUTELY ZILCH!!!! :lol:

I don't think there is much difference, though I have seen crazy quilting in which you overlay each piece on a foundation of muslim, then overstitch using fancy stitches to hold it all together....now thats worth another tutorial...anybody interested???? :D

Izy 05-09-2008 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Barb M
thimblebug, the same thing happens to me when i go to bookmark, just a little tiny box comes up, i cant make it any bigger, but i put my cursor in the box, and click the cursor, then hit the enter button, and it works, saw this on another thread :)

Barb M and thimblebug. this is what I found out to do:-

click on bookmark it!
Click on the percent box - drop down menu enlarge to 125%
just clik in the centre - doesn't matter if you can't see anything
then hit the return key on your keyboard.

Now at that stage on mine a window pops up saying it is saved.

That works for me, but I know alot of others who haven't be able to, something to do with how your computer is programmed......am not that clever with em ....yet.. but moonpi is teaching me good!!!!! :D :D

mary705 05-09-2008 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Izy, this is a great lesson. But I have one dumb question- what is the difference between a crazy quilt and a crumb block? they look the same to me. thanks, Loretta

They seem the same to me too Loretta, but maybe with the crumb block you can use smaller pieces? :?:

And thank you Izy for providing this for us. :)