Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Easy Intersections Tutorial!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/easy-intersections-tutorial-t28328.html)

Sandy-lou 11-02-2010 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
I have been working on a D9P quilt today, and was getting frustrated that my intersections were not consistently lined up, even after careful cutting, lining and pinning. :evil:

SOOO after a few trials and errors, I found a way that makes it easy!! I am sure that some of our more experienced quilters will have already worked this out, but for all the newbies out there..... it works, give it a try!!

I hope the file opens for you all, if not can someone please compress it further if possible Oh Patrice....... :roll: :lol: :D
Thankyou so much Izy for your tutorial it has helped to improve my skills, i was using a similar method but not butting up as you have shown. May I suggest tha you sign your tutorials so that in the future one knows whose interlectual property it is. As a Qualified Trainer and Assesser I always sign my tutorials and suggest that my students do the same. I tahnkyou once again for your kindness in sharing.

Izy 11-02-2010 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Sandy-lou

Originally Posted by Izy
I have been working on a D9P quilt today, and was getting frustrated that my intersections were not consistently lined up, even after careful cutting, lining and pinning. :evil:

SOOO after a few trials and errors, I found a way that makes it easy!! I am sure that some of our more experienced quilters will have already worked this out, but for all the newbies out there..... it works, give it a try!!

I hope the file opens for you all, if not can someone please compress it further if possible Oh Patrice....... :roll: :lol: :D
Thankyou so much Izy for your tutorial it has helped to improve my skills, i was using a similar method but not butting up as you have shown. May I suggest tha you sign your tutorials so that in the future one knows whose interlectual property it is. As a Qualified Trainer and Assesser I always sign my tutorials and suggest that my students do the same. I tahnkyou once again for your kindness in sharing.

Thank you Sandi-Lou, it is a fair point, but as a 'novice tutorialist' for the Quilting Board I presumed everyone would know it was mine through the topic

:thumbup: :lol: :D

blueangel 07-04-2011 06:08 PM

Good idea

djvaug 07-06-2011 07:19 PM

Thanks. I saved this one!

Izy 07-07-2011 01:03 AM

Your welcome :thumbup:

Rebecca VLQ 10-04-2011 08:00 AM

Directed here from your Jacob's Ladder info....wooo hoo! So easy! :D

Izy 10-04-2011 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
Directed here from your Jacob's Ladder info....wooo hoo! So easy! :D

Thanks Rebecca, yes it IS easy, if you butt right up close so there isn't even a stitch length between them you CAN'T mess up! I don't even pin now ...no need!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

chairjogger 10-04-2011 08:46 AM

great tut ! thanks so much.. yes, I too like the fabrics !!

Ell

Izy 10-04-2011 09:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by chairjogger
great tut ! thanks so much.. yes, I too like the fabrics !!

Ell

Glad to be of use Ell and here's a picture of the quilt I was making at the time!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Shelby 10-04-2011 09:46 AM

Thanks! Always looking for an easier way.