Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Folded Dahlia (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/folded-dahlia-t116058.html)

Deborahlees 04-26-2011 09:43 AM

O.M.G....that is outstanding...would you use it in the center of a quilt and then what....need some ideas....

jager 04-26-2011 01:09 PM

this is beautiful,i will definately try this one

carslo 04-27-2011 08:27 AM

I can't wait until the weekend to try one :)Thanks

BMP 04-27-2011 02:04 PM

These are so awesome !

0tis 04-27-2011 07:25 PM

Thanks for the tute - I am making one right now - its really cute but it is very bulky - I think I am going to make it into a throw pillow - but I think it might be a weapon as heavy as it is. Doesn't matter though because its so darn cute. :)

BATIKQLTR 04-28-2011 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by 0tis
Thanks for the tute - I am making one right now - its really cute but it is very bulky - I think I am going to make it into a throw pillow - but I think it might be a weapon as heavy as it is. Doesn't matter though because its so darn cute. :)

Otis..........please show it to us when you are done. I am making mine into the front panel of a tote. Just need to get some handles on and turn it and I can post a picture. What colors did you use? That is where I have the most problem, choosing fabrics that coordinate. :)

ILOVECOLORS 04-28-2011 10:56 AM

I wanna do it...I wanna do it....did i mention I wanna do it?

0tis 04-28-2011 11:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by BATIKQLTR

Originally Posted by 0tis

Otis..........please show it to us when you are done. I am making mine into the front panel of a tote. Just need to get some handles on and turn it and I can post a picture. What colors did you use? That is where I have the most problem, choosing fabrics that coordinate. :)

Here is a pic - I had an awful time picking fabrics - just finally tossed some together - I think I want to use the same colorway next time. Anyway, it is very puffy in the middle - I think it could be made with less fabrics and still look good. I still love it this way - I think I will make a floor pillow out of it.

side view - puffy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]190380[/ATTACH]

BATIKQLTR 04-28-2011 11:54 AM

Otis.........it is gorgeous!! It will make a beautiful pillow. I know what you mean about being puffy........I am not using any batting behind it for the tote. I'm going to try it with folding the "petals" once. It won't make as deep a point, but might make it lay a little flatter. Just a thought..........but it is a beautiful (and fun) project!!

Thanks for posting................Love your view from the window.

dar627742 04-29-2011 07:26 AM

absolutely gorgeous !!!!!!!!!!
dar