Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Folded Dahlia (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/folded-dahlia-t116058.html)

Sneed 05-05-2011 07:39 AM

This is really good!! I think I had better get out a pile of "not so great fabrics" and give it a try. How pretty. Thanks!

fidgety 05-05-2011 07:49 AM

Ok so now i have a new project to try this afternoon.... lol... love this design!!!!

AngieS 05-05-2011 08:20 AM

This is SO AWESOME! I would love to try one of these. :)

labtechkty 05-05-2011 08:43 AM

Just finished my dahlia!!! Wow super easy.

labtechkty 05-05-2011 08:47 AM

[quote=0tis]Thanks for the tute - I am making one right now - its really cute but it is very bulky - I think I am going to make it into a throw pillow - but I think it might be a weapon as heavy as it is. Doesn't matter though because its so darn cute. :)[/quote

I made one this way, found it bulky, so the second I made I just used 3inch sections instead of folding worked out great..going to make a quilt I think....

Terricat 05-05-2011 08:51 AM

OK, got it. Thank you for the alert on that point.

BATIKQLTR 05-05-2011 09:47 AM

labtechkty:
I made one this way, found it bulky, so the second I made I just used 3inch sections instead of folding worked out great..going to make a quilt I think....[/quote]

instead of the 6 inch squares, you used a 3 inch square. "Instead of folding" I don't quite understand. How close did you stack the fabric? The tutorial says 1/2 inch. Do you have a picture of your block? Otis is working on it also.

A quilt with this block will be gorgeous.........if we can get the bulk down a bit.

Thanks

JJC 05-05-2011 11:05 AM

[quote=labtechkty]

Originally Posted by 0tis
Thanks for the tute - I am making one right now - its really cute but it is very bulky - I think I am going to make it into a throw pillow - but I think it might be a weapon as heavy as it is. Doesn't matter though because its so darn cute. :)[/quote

I made one this way, found it bulky, so the second I made I just used 3inch sections instead of folding worked out great..going to make a quilt I think....

Can we see a picture pretty please.

labtechkty 05-05-2011 05:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by BATIKQLTR
labtechkty:

instead of the 6 inch squares, you used a 3 inch square. "Instead of folding" I don't quite understand. How close did you stack the fabric? The tutorial says 1/2 inch. Do you have a picture of your block? Otis is working on it also.

A quilt with this block will be gorgeous.........if we can get the bulk down a bit.

Thanks[/quote]

The original directions called for a 6 inch square folded. This gives you a 3 inch strip, so instead of folding the six inch block and having the extra fabric I just started out with a 3 inch strip and lay them and fold them the same way. It's not as bulky and it lays better...I was also thinking about pressing as I fold but haven't tried that yet...if this works like I hope it will then I think it would make a fantastic block...( I hope that makes sense??) I will try and send a pict.....

made with 3 inch strips
[ATTACH=CONFIG]193499[/ATTACH]

BATIKQLTR 05-05-2011 06:04 PM

sooooo, the strips would be 3 x 6 (wide) & still 1/2 inch apart. I can see how this would work. Thanks!!

your purple/aqua is very pretty together. Beautiful block. I hope to get a chance to try this tomorrow. Will let you all know........