Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Folded Dahlia (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/folded-dahlia-t116058.html)

nanajojo713 05-06-2011 05:20 PM

THis block is beautiful,,, I hope I can do this..Thank you for making it look so easy...

fidgety 05-06-2011 06:00 PM

ok I get the 3 inch strip but....do you have to fold that strip in half as well in order to not have raw adges showing????

labtechkty 05-06-2011 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by fidgety
ok I get the 3 inch strip but....do you have to fold that strip in half as well in order to not have raw adges showing????

No, you don't have to fold the strip, once you lay your fabrics down on your background you would fold in the same order as the original..the raw edges are covered up...basically youre getting rid of the extra layer of fabric...

Rainbow 05-07-2011 07:19 AM

Could you please go through the ENTIRE process again...with pictures.

fidgety 05-07-2011 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rainbow

it would be the same as in the beginning of this tut. Only the strip measurement will change to 3 x 6.

Rainbow 05-07-2011 01:07 PM

it would be the same as in the beginning of this tut. Only the strip measurement will change to 3 x 6.

3 top-to-bottom...or 3 side-to-side?

labtechkty 05-07-2011 03:52 PM

Go back to page one,dungeonquilter put a wonderful tutorial together on how to do this.. :)

JJC 05-07-2011 05:17 PM

I ask the same - to go through the entire process with photos. Thank-you.

fidgety 05-07-2011 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by JJC

Ok so, if you go back to the first page of this post you would only have to cut the piecees 3 inched by 6 inches. Fold them in half, ( Long ways ) press and then open that back up. continue the same for the rest of the process.

Rainbow 05-08-2011 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by JJC

Ok so, if you go back to the first page of this post you would only have to cut the piecees 3 inched by 6 inches. Fold them in half, ( Long ways ) press and then open that back up. continue the same for the rest of the process.

THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU...Just do not know why I could not grasp the whole concept.... Thanks for your patience.