Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Heart String's (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/heart-strings-t111786.html)

Kyiav10 03-31-2011 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Sewslow

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Michele, I just looked and it's beautiful!!!
Thanks for the link :)
OOPS. Sorry !! You're not finished posting :)

I didn't know we could interrupt someone's tutorial! :shock: Not that I intend to.

It wasnt a problem at all.

Glad everyone is enjoying the tute. Would love to see some pics!!!

The telephone pages were not my idea, an idea I got from Quiltville.com. Thanks Boonie for all your useful info.!

Kyia

Kyiav10 03-31-2011 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Nolee

Originally Posted by Kyiav10
Tear the paper off. It comes off very easily! And your welcome!

Kyia

I used a bedskirt I got from Goodwill for $1.00 and all I needed was flannel on the back, no batting. I'm not sure I'd have the patience to tear all the paper off for the large size I made. No, I'm sure, LOL.

Nolee, You can use muslin or scrap fabric for a foundation if you want to. No tearing necessary and others have mentioned this. Might be perfect for you! Good luck.

Kyia

Kyiav10 03-31-2011 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by rushdoggie
OK, stupid newbie question: why do you need a foundation piece? Why can't you just sew strips together?

Sorry, rushdoggie I do not know the answer to this. I was following the original link I posted but switched it with the telephone book paper. Another suggested that after you tear the paper off it is on the bias and I am guessing this is why the foundation is used, so there wouldn't be any stretching.

You can always try it without the paper and see what happens.

I love your profile pic by the way. Cute doggy!

Kyia

Kyiav10 03-31-2011 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by vicki s
I have never done paper piecing so maybe I dont get the whole concept of this but why didnt you just sew you strips together and cut the square without the paper?

See answer above to rushdoggie. I followed the directions on the heartstring's site. Don't know what would happen if I did it this way.

Kyia

babyboomerquilter 03-31-2011 07:29 AM

Thank you for the lonk,looks great

babyboomerquilter 03-31-2011 07:29 AM

Thank you for the lonk,looks great

Kate01 04-03-2011 10:49 AM

Thanks for the Tout, I have so many strips I have been saving for ???? This looks great. One way to recycle a phone book. LOL

kathymarie 04-03-2011 11:21 AM

Nice...thanks for posting...I love that you used old yellow pages....telephone book pages are great for paper piecing....nice tearaway.

Kyiav10 05-25-2011 10:28 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are three big blocks put together using 12 of the individual blocks.

Kyia

vschieve 05-25-2011 11:05 AM

Now how are you going to finish? With that I mean are you going to border, sash or just sew squares together continuously? Be sure to post when you finish.
Vernell