Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   How to make a drawstring, two pocket bag using 2 squares (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/how-make-drawstring-two-pocket-bag-using-2-squares-t141858.html)

mommamac 08-02-2011 03:13 PM

My 2 daughters are coming next week with GDs & this looks like a fun project to do with all of them. Thanks for such a clear tute. :thumbup:

np3 08-02-2011 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by mommamac
My 2 daughters are coming next week with GDs & this looks like a fun project to do with all of them. Thanks for such a clear tute. :thumbup:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Carron 08-02-2011 03:23 PM

Great tute. Thanks.

Kallen 08-02-2011 04:34 PM

I love it! They are very cute. I'm going to make these for family and friends and also for our guild's boutique. Thanks so much for your time in teaching us. You did a perfect job.

np3 08-02-2011 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Kallen
I love it! They are very cute. I'm going to make these for family and friends and also for our guild's boutique. Thanks so much for your time in teaching us. You did a perfect job.

Love to hear that your Guild can use them. Using it for ours too!

bobquilt3 08-03-2011 02:15 AM

THANK YOU! That is neat. Can't wait to try it.

PS not only is it a great idea, the tut is a very good explanation of what could be a very confusing process.

Lizzytish 08-03-2011 02:21 AM

Very cute will have to try this soon. Great gifts. Thanks a bunch for sharing.

np3 08-03-2011 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by bobquilt3
THANK YOU! That is neat. Can't wait to try it.

PS not only is it a great idea, the tut is a very good explanation of what could be a very confusing process.

Thank you!

kathyd 08-03-2011 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by kathyd
np3 thanks for this tutorial.
My grandma (age 103) is wanting me to make a bag for her to carry her room key and tissues in when she goes to meals at the assisted living place she is at and this will be perfect.

PS: Grandma sewed a lot and was always making pillows or jewelry bags for us granddaughters at Christmas. This will be perfect for her.
Thanks again.
kathyd

Hey I'm quoting myself!
I made Grandma's bag. Instead of sewing together 2 squares I used one large cloth napkin. I had picked up a package of 2 for $2 in the clearance at WalMart. Worked great. They were 19" square so just slightly larger than what np3 called for. I used some cording I had for the drawstring and sewed snaps and buttons on the pocket flaps. I think grandma will approve.
As I was finishing this up I remember years ago making a bag similar to this out of much larger square of fabric! I still have it and use it now and then. It is a lot like a messenger bag.
Thanks again np3!
kathyd

dyer804 08-03-2011 02:39 PM

np3 thanks for this tutorial.
My grandma (age 103) is wanting me to make a bag for her to carry her room key and tissues in when she goes to meals at the assisted living place she is at and this will be perfect.

PS: Grandma sewed a lot and was always making pillows or jewelry bags for us granddaughters at Christmas. This will be perfect for her.
Thanks again.
kathyd

Hey I'm quoting myself!
I made Grandma's bag. Instead of sewing together 2 squares I used one large cloth napkin. I had picked up a package of 2 for $2 in the clearance at WalMart. Worked great. They were 19" square so just slightly larger than what np3 called for. I used some cording I had for the drawstring and sewed snaps and buttons on the pocket flaps. I think grandma will approve.
As I was finishing this up I remember years ago making a bag similar to this out of much larger square of fabric! I still have it and use it now and then. It is a lot like a messenger bag.
Thanks again np3!
kathyd

Pictures please!