Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   How to Make an Easy Patchwork Jacket (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/how-make-easy-patchwork-jacket-t48923.html)

golfer 06-17-2010 05:03 PM

You are so nice for doing all this work. Thanks again.

blessed_beon 06-17-2010 09:14 PM

That turned out beautiful. You did great on explaining that, it was so easy to understand. keep all the info coming. Your GREAT.

blessed_beon 06-17-2010 09:24 PM

I noticed it looks like you don't mind mixing types of materials? I usually stick with all one type of material, is it ok to mix them up like that.

UglyCook 06-17-2010 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by blessed_beon
I noticed it looks like you don't mind mixing types of materials? I usually stick with all one type of material, is it ok to mix them up like that.

They are all quilting cottons.

blessed_beon 06-17-2010 10:05 PM

You’re awesome. Keep up the good work.

kswmonroe 06-21-2010 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by pieces
Do you have a picture of the finished sweatshirt?

UglyCook 06-21-2010 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by kswmonroe

Originally Posted by pieces
Do you have a picture of the finished sweatshirt?

Page 7 towards the bottom

PghPat 06-25-2010 04:18 PM

Ugly Cook (how on earth did such a beautiful woman ever come up with that "name"? - LOL)

On your pictures - the one with the 3 spindles of thread and then a couple pictues below that - it shows some small areas where there is no patch (the black showing) - do you put patches over those areas - or are they left black?

Sorry but I'm a new quilter looking for some ideas for something to work on that is easy and I need LOTS of instructions. Would you consider this something a beginner could do? I have simply cut sweatshirts down the middle and added binding - but that's the extent of it.

Thanks SOOO much for one of the best tutortials I've seen online - and I've been searching a whole lot.

If anyone else reads this and has any other ideas for a beginner - I'd appreciate it. You can even send PM if you choose.

Thanks all - from a new quilter!

CarrieAnne 06-25-2010 04:44 PM

Oh, great idea, and your instructions look easy! Thank you!

UglyCook 06-25-2010 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by PghPat
Ugly Cook (how on earth did such a beautiful woman ever come up with that "name"? - LOL)

On your pictures - the one with the 3 spindles of thread and then a couple pictues below that - it shows some small areas where there is no patch (the black showing) - do you put patches over those areas - or are they left black?

Sorry but I'm a new quilter looking for some ideas for something to work on that is easy and I need LOTS of instructions. Would you consider this something a beginner could do? I have simply cut sweatshirts down the middle and added binding - but that's the extent of it.

Thanks SOOO much for one of the best tutortials I've seen online - and I've been searching a whole lot.

If anyone else reads this and has any other ideas for a beginner - I'd appreciate it. You can even send PM if you choose.

Thanks all - from a new quilter!

The name refers to the kitchen after I get done, not me! :-D

I did not leave any of my jacket uncovered, but my daughter has done it that way and it looked good, too.

This is an excellent project for a beginner as I made my first one 2 years before I even considered doing any quilting!

Have fun and post a picture of yours!