Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   how to put quilted ball ornaments together (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/how-put-quilted-ball-ornaments-together-t63370.html)

Jennifer22206 09-15-2010 02:51 PM

those are really beautiful. I'll have to make some - they're totally gorgeous!

Aunt Retta 09-16-2010 12:00 PM

Thank you for taking the time to write these up. I want to try to do some of these!

irenecarter 09-21-2010 11:22 PM

It was so nice of you to take the time to post the directions and pic of these beautiful ornaments. I've seen these before but didn't know how to do it. Thanks so much for your tut.

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 09-22-2010 01:49 PM

Oh, I have to try this, thanks!

janmwalker 09-24-2010 02:58 AM

I have done mine the same way you mentioned without the marker.Before I started adding the fabric, I ran a piece of narrow ribbon thru the center with a metal crotchet hook and pulled it thru tying it with a knot leaving about two inches hanging on the bottom for looks. Also, I left at least that much of the folded ribbon on the top to hang onto the tree. I then added Christmas pics pieces around the top with glue. This turned out very nice.

Jan

Linda58 09-24-2010 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by janmwalker
I have done mine the same way you mentioned without the marker.Before I started adding the fabric, I ran a piece of narrow ribbon thru the center with a metal crotchet hook and pulled it thru tying it with a knot leaving about two inches hanging on the bottom for looks. Also, I left at least that much of the folded ribbon on the top to hang onto the tree. I then added Christmas pics pieces around the top with glue. This turned out very nice.

Jan

Send a picture Jan.

janmwalker 09-24-2010 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Linda58

Originally Posted by janmwalker

Jan

Send a picture Jan.

I would but have given them all away. I have been wanting to find the time to start some more and maybe I will keep them this time and send a photo later. jan

harvsstuff 09-30-2010 07:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey even I can make them with the tutorial. Its not perfect and yes it took time but the next one will go faster. Thanks sooooooooooo much for the tutorial I have always wanted to make these. Oops my pin was holding the ribbon, forget its there!

Linda58 09-30-2010 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by harvsstuff
Hey even I can make them with the tutorial. Its not perfect and yes it took time but the next one will go faster. Thanks sooooooooooo much for the tutorial I have always wanted to make these. Oops my pin was holding the ribbon, forget its there!

Very pretty!!! Good job!!!

Grandma Cindy 10-02-2010 02:47 PM

very merry pretty...