Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   My Pinwheel disappearing 4 patch using charm packs!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/my-pinwheel-disappearing-4-patch-using-charm-packs-t68180.html)

saf 03-08-2011 02:35 PM

By the way, what is a QOV?

Oksewnsew 03-08-2011 03:22 PM

Quilts of Valor, for service people.

jljack 03-08-2011 03:49 PM

Did you turn the mat for the next to last picture? I lost my orientation to the block. ????

Could you draw a diagram of where you moved the pieces? I just cannot get it.

marcias 03-08-2011 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Did you turn the mat for the next to last picture? I lost my orientation to the block. ????

Could you draw a diagram of where you moved the pieces? I just cannot get it.

Yes, she turned it 1 quarter turn to the left. Just look at the pic before that (3rd fm. the last) where she has cut 1 1/4" fm. the center horizontal and center vertical seams. (be careful not to move the block while cutting). Then you leave the corners and very center pinwheel piece alone. Turn only the four 2 1/2'' by ??(depends on what size blocks you have made) pieces 180 degrees and resew the pieces tog.

marcias 03-08-2011 05:58 PM

I just noticed that in the 4th from the end, it is oriented differently. Just ignore the orientation and keep yours in whatever position you have yours. Oh, and be sure that at the very beginning when you are 1st cutting your 4 patch that you have both 4 patches in the same direction(main fabric top left). I did my 1st at 3a.m. and had one with the background in the top left. Not a pretty site, but it was way diff. fm. other bkgrnd. so I left it. :^) Even with bloops it is a pretty block.

sassy granny 03-08-2011 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
You did great in this tut. I am bookmarking it.

I guess I'm just stupid, but how do you bookmark ? I'm new to the QB and don't know too much about a computer. I'm feeling my way around the board. I'm having a lot of fun and think I would have more if I knew how to get the most from my computer. I would rather be working on my quilts than the computer. haha
I would appreciate the help.

Sassy granny

marcias 03-09-2011 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by sassy granny

Originally Posted by cjomomma
You did great in this tut. I am bookmarking it.

I guess I'm just stupid, but how do you bookmark ? I'm new to the QB and don't know too much about a computer. I'm feeling my way around the board. I'm having a lot of fun and think I would have more if I knew how to get the most from my computer. I would rather be working on my quilts than the computer. haha
I would appreciate the help.

Sassy granny

Not stupid. Go to the top of the page and above the msg. is a tab 'bookmark'. Click on it and a box will open for you to type in. EX: could type 'D4P' and then to the right will see 'save'. Click on save and it will save to 'My Bookmarks'.
To find it again, just click on 'My Bookmarks' which is on the 2nd line under 'Quilting Board - The Quilter's Message Board'
and it will open up to all the pages you have bookmarked. Then click on whichever one you want. It is an awesome feature of this board.

sassy granny 03-09-2011 03:33 PM

Marcia, thank you so much. That was so simple, especially for a dummy. I was trying to start with my bookmarks, but that's normal for me. I always do things backwards. I guess I'm just a hands on person and have to have someone show me. I have several to go back and bookmark now.

Again, Thank you, Thank you

Sassy granny

swanrd 03-10-2011 03:24 AM

I'm really needing help. To get 15 unfinished what size do you cut each square 7 1/2 ?

marcias 03-10-2011 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by swanrd
I'm really needing help. To get 15 unfinished what size do you cut each square 7 1/2 ?

7 3/4 for ea. of the 4 squares