Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   NO sash Quilt As You Go (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/no-sash-quilt-you-go-t232261.html)

yobrosew 10-13-2013 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by quiltmom04 (Post 6347119)
Yep - I stopped reading after a few lines, so I have no idea what you were talking about. Pictures always help!

Stopped reading after a FEW lines? yeah it was confusing but anyone after just a FEW lines even if articulated well would most likely not know what one was talking about. I am a new to the board, as is obvious. I did ask how to post pics, and answering that question would have been a little more helpful than (and welcoming), "Yep - I stopped reading after a few lines, so I have no idea what you were talking about....." If pictures are expected after just a few lines, my apologies as I had no idea this was a picturebook style blog to accommodate those not desiring to read past a few lines.

oh munner 10-14-2013 10:54 AM

Wow.... a bit snippy aren't we?

frenchfryqueen 10-14-2013 11:42 AM

This tutorial plus the pictures really made this click for me. Thanks for sharing! My head is buzzing with possibilibees. :)

gale 10-14-2013 03:46 PM

The blog post helped a lot. I don't free motion though. I wonder how this would work with straight line quilting. Obviously one would have to put a line or two of quilting where the batting butts up. Maybe a serpentine would work but you'd have to make sure you caught both battings in the stitching. I do like this idea. I don't mind sashing but don't always want it.

yobrosew 10-14-2013 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by gale (Post 6349379)
The blog post helped a lot. I don't free motion though. I wonder how this would work with straight line quilting. Obviously one would have to put a line or two of quilting where the batting butts up. Maybe a serpentine would work but you'd have to make sure you caught both battings in the stitching. I do like this idea. I don't mind sashing but don't always want it.

I only sew in straight lines or carefree wavy lines and both work real well with this. And my, does it go fast! It does help if the quilt is over the left shoulder as putting through machine. It is surprising how just a little drag from the quilt hanging straight down can slow the quilting down.

yobrosew 10-14-2013 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by oh munner (Post 6348909)
Wow.... a bit snippy aren't we?

The response to the snippy, "Yep _ I stopped reading after a few lines, so I have no idea what you were talking about. Pictures always help!" is snippy? Or the the original snippy is snippy? The first was rude, unwelcoming, and totally unnecessary. The response snippy could have been left unsaid.

gale 10-14-2013 10:48 PM

FYI. That's par for the course on this board. I just ignore that kind of stuff. You were helpful and I've never seen this method, and apparently a few others have not either. So thanks for sharing-most people here are pleasant and helpful/grateful. :)

eta: I lie-I don't always ignore it. Sometimes I get into a war of words and usually wish I'd just ignored it but I have a big mouth and can't always do it. At any rate, don't let it turn you off this board.

noveltyjunkie 10-15-2013 01:18 AM

I don't understand :-(

I get how it works on the front, but am deep in the dark on how the back can come out right.
Anyone work their way out of the same confusion and willing to share?

yobrosew 10-15-2013 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by gale (Post 6349710)
FYI. That's par for the course on this board. I just ignore that kind of stuff. You were helpful and I've never seen this method, and apparently a few others have not either. So thanks for sharing-most people here are pleasant and helpful/grateful. :)

eta: I lie-I don't always ignore it. Sometimes I get into a war of words and usually wish I'd just ignored it but I have a big mouth and can't always do it. At any rate, don't let it turn you off this board.

Hoosier here; North Central. Hi, Neighbor!

yobrosew 10-15-2013 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie (Post 6349745)
I don't understand :-(

I get how it works on the front, but am deep in the dark on how the back can come out right.
Anyone work their way out of the same confusion and willing to share?

The back is not all one piece/sheet. It is strips of fabric that is cut the same size and shape as the rows. You will have rows on the back side as well, which is why the demo here: http://www.candiedfabrics.com/2013/0...ing-as-you-go/ was able to create a completely reversible quilt; instead of backing she used another quilt top. She does not show the piecing example the first time she attaches a row but if you scroll down there is a pic of it when she attaches the third row, I think.