Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   QAYG that Kimberly uses :-) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/qayg-kimberly-uses-t115627.html)

kraftykimberly 04-13-2011 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by phylklos
Kimberly, your tute is GREAT. Photos are clear and fabric has contrast with sashings, making for good, easy to follow instructions. I have taught this method to our QoV group, but have not tried the glue method. Next time I will use your pictures, if you don't mind. They are so much better than what I had. Thanks. :-)

Dont mind one bit. It's actually pretty nice to feel like I have actually made a contribution here. Im still relatively new and learning so Im glad I could help.

harrold48 04-16-2011 02:40 PM

Easy tute for a newbie like me to follow. Now, if you could do a tute on how to cut large squares to size. Have a 9 1/2 inch square and a 12 inch square but when I have to cut smaller size squares I mess up badly. Would/need all the help I can get as I am avoiding patterns that have different size squares then the. Template squares I have.
Big ask but would really appreciate simple instructions.
Cheers. Shirley

quilterguy27 04-21-2011 11:42 AM

I've always wanted to try QAYG. Now maybe I will. Thanks. Reading it was a bit confusing, but once I looked at the pictures, It made perfect sence.

butterflies5518 06-28-2011 05:42 AM

thank you, found this link in another topic and this is perfect for my next quilt for DS - thank you so very much!

KarenB 06-28-2011 06:21 AM

thank you! you have given me courage to try this one!

wolph33 06-28-2011 08:59 AM

great tute thanks for sharing

twilight 07-04-2011 04:53 PM

Thanks so much. Now that I have read it again I think I can do it. I did a small quild that I QAYG but didn't know how to do a larger one. Almost the same way.

Thanks again. A big help.

twlight from Michigan

TexasLadybug 07-08-2011 06:10 AM

Good tutorial.. THe pictures helped a lot for me. Have not done any QAYGo so far.. just got my longarm in December and learning that now...QUiltON!!

kraftykimberly 07-08-2011 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by TexasLadybug
Good tutorial.. THe pictures helped a lot for me. Have not done any QAYGo so far.. just got my longarm in December and learning that now...QUiltON!!

Oh I wish I had room for a long arm. I would love to be able to do that kind of quilting, maybe one day when I win the lottery. Post pics of your pojects when you can, I'd love to see them !!!

TexasLadybug 07-08-2011 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by kraftykimberly

Originally Posted by TexasLadybug

Oh I wish I had room for a long arm. I would love to be able to do that kind of quilting, maybe one day when I win the lottery. Post pics of your pojects when you can, I'd love to see them !!!

Well right now mine takes up my whole living room. My son is in the process of building me a quilt room in our back yard which hopefully will be 18' x 32'. But on a very strict budget it is going very slow. I have a few posted, need to post the new ones, have several tops done need to quilt, just need backings... funds are tight. Sell a quilt and then I can do more...lol.