Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Quilted Baby Doll Sleeping bag with attached pillow (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/quilted-baby-doll-sleeping-bag-attached-pillow-t285301.html)

copycat 01-17-2017 03:40 AM

Quilted Baby Doll Sleeping bag with attached pillow

2 Attachment(s)
My great niece is turning 3 and asked for a sleeping bag for her "bitty" baby. That is a 15" tall baby doll.
I decided to sew the pillow to the bag so she won't lose it.

There is a large rectangle for the front of the bag (pink minke) Next you fold a smaller rectangle in half for the pillow and a larger rectangle in half for the front cover of the bag (print). I put batting inside the folded cover and quilted lightly. I stuffed the pillow with poly fluff and sewed it shut. Place the pillow and cover on pink minke rectangle.

Take Large rectangle print (back of the bag) and place it right sides together on top of the pillow and cover and pin well. Sew around all sides, leaving a hole on one side. Turn right sides out and sew hole closed. done!

Has anyone else made a doll sleeping bag?

GrammaBabs 01-17-2017 06:24 AM

This is a super cute idea... Thank you for sharing it:) GB

Tartan 01-17-2017 06:48 AM

​Very cute!

SulaBug 01-18-2017 01:03 AM

My three year old Granddaughter would just love this. Thank for your tutorial & idea!!
:D :D :D :D

QuiltMom2 01-18-2017 03:49 AM

I too have a 3 yr old granddaughter with a 1 yr old right behind. Baby dolls are everywhere and I think they need sleeping bags!! "Time for nap, baby doll goes in her bag, and you go down in your room!"

annette1952 01-18-2017 08:23 AM

That is just too adorable!

SewExtremeSeams 01-18-2017 12:43 PM

Great idea. Smaller things do easily get lost.

cathyvv 01-18-2017 10:00 PM

I have! They're fun to make, use up scraps and have other uses, too. The ones I make don't have a built in pillow, though.

The ones I make have a little handle in the center of the top. A sturdy piece of ribbon works well for that. The handle makes it a 'draggable'.

They act as nice travel size pillow cases, too. The wooden puzzles for little kids store well in them, and the handle means you can hang them on a hook or over a hanger. When I give a small child a stuffed animal, it is usually in its' own little sleeing bag, too.

Have fun making them.

copycat 01-19-2017 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by cathyvv (Post 7744411)
I have! They're fun to make, use up scraps and have other uses, too. The ones I make don't have a built in pillow, though.

The ones I make have a little handle in the center of the top. A sturdy piece of ribbon works well for that. The handle makes it a 'draggable'.

They act as nice travel size pillow cases, too. The wooden puzzles for little kids store well in them, and the handle means you can hang them on a hook or over a hanger. When I give a small child a stuffed animal, it is usually in its' own little sleeing bag, too.

Have fun making them.

Thank you for your great idea of putting a handle at the top. I assume you use a travel size pillow case pattern. I will have to give this a try. :)

BrendaK 01-26-2017 06:42 PM

Cute idea. BrendaK