Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Rhondas Bear's Paw Class - Checkbook Cover Lesson (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/rhondas-bears-paw-class-checkbook-cover-lesson-t78863.html)

Rhonda 11-29-2010 09:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by klgreene
What was your finished size of the entire quilt. In order words, what size constatues a doll quilt, or minature.

the rules of the swap are anything between 12" and 24" in any shape such as circle or rectangle etc. I think this one was 14" x 18" or there abouts.

As for a mini that is matter of personal perception. I have seen people call a quilt a mini at 36" x 36". It is all in how you view it. I prefer to keep mine under 14" because they are easier to quilt down. I am not good at that part and the smaller it is the easier it is for me to handle turning it under the needle and less bulk to deal with. I got frustrated with one I did that was 18" because I am not used to having to move bulk around. I kept having to rearrange and move the excess and that frustrates me. One of the reasons I will never do a full size quilt again.

Here's the whole quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]135755[/ATTACH]

klgreene 11-29-2010 09:20 AM

Yep, when I did my granddaughters quilts there was so much shoving and pulling and my shoulders hurts for days. So I'm making smaller ones. Although I have my day bed cover and two others that I am just making blocks and I'll put them together. Then I'll decide what and how I want to quilt it. Hate sending them out, costs more than I can really afford for the number of quilts I'm making.

klgreene 11-29-2010 09:22 AM

Oh, I didn't see the picture til now. I like that. I guess I should start making really little quilts.

Rhonda 11-29-2010 10:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the Bear's Paw Doll Quilt I made for the doll quilt swap

the claws I used 1" HSTs. The whole center is 7" finished. The whole quilt is 18" x 18"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]135784[/ATTACH]

jacie 11-29-2010 06:13 PM

the bears paw doll quilt....... it is beautiful.... hope I am on your lists for a swap someday.

jacie

klgreene 11-29-2010 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda

I love this. I'm going to have to start trying to make miniatures. I did figure out how to make "thinking outside the block" yesterday. I used 1 1/2" strips. I should have gone smaller like 1". But I wouldn't have even tried to figure it out if it wasn't for my #1 teacher......

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Rhonda 11-29-2010 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by jacie
the bears paw doll quilt....... it is beautiful.... hope I am on your lists for a swap someday.

jacie

I hope to get back into the swaps someday. I had to bow out for awhile as I haven't had the time to do them.
They are fun!!

Rhonda 11-29-2010 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda

I love this. I'm going to have to start trying to make miniatures. I did figure out how to make "thinking outside the block" yesterday. I used 1 1/2" strips. I should have gone smaller like 1". But I wouldn't have even tried to figure it out if it wasn't for my #1 teacher......

:thumbup: :thumbup:

I remember seeing the name but don't remember what the quilt looks like.

klgreene 11-30-2010 08:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is it. Just strips, Log cabin but I would have never even attempted trying to figure it out before you. Didn't need the pattern. :)

Rhonda 11-30-2010 09:07 AM

This is it. Just strips, Log cabin but I would have never even attempted trying to figure it out before you. Didn't need the pattern. :)

What did I have to do with you figuring it out Katie? I love the look of it! Beautiful colors as always!!