Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Rhonda's Electric Quilt Class - Week 1 - Introduction (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/rhondas-electric-quilt-class-week-1-introduction-t166726.html)

GrandmaSewNSew 11-08-2011 07:33 PM

Hi and thank you for this! I have EQ7 and can't find "easy draw". I did find the draw button and when I drew a line, I couldn't get it to stop drawing. Every time my curser went past the screen it made a new line. When I finally somehow got just one line I clicked the "color" tab at the bottom and then the colors appeared. When I selected one it colored the entire block as my line was gone. Don't know if I'm in the wrong mode but can't get this to work. Please help. Thank you.

Philarena 11-08-2011 08:05 PM

Thank you so much, Rhonda, for this wonderful and easily understood beginning tutorial on EQ! I have version 7 and was able to follow along and play and just had the most fun imaginable! It's not often that I take the time to play around like that and it sure felt good. Your teaching skills are excellent and the steps were very easy to follow. I am really looking forward to the next lesson and more 'play-time'. Thank you so much for giving us your valuable time! I appreciate it and I'm sure everyone else taking this class does, too.

Rhonda 11-08-2011 08:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by GrandmaSewNSew (Post 4654998)
Hi and thank you for this! I have EQ7 and can't find "easy draw". I did find the draw button and when I drew a line, I couldn't get it to stop drawing. Every time my curser went past the screen it made a new line. When I finally somehow got just one line I clicked the "color" tab at the bottom and then the colors appeared. When I selected one it colored the entire block as my line was gone. Don't know if I'm in the wrong mode but can't get this to work. Please help. Thank you.

You need to be sure you go to Worktable.
Click on Work on Block. This will put the Block tool in your top tool bar

Now you will see the picture below.
click on Block and then slide over and click on Easy Draw Block

When you get that done then click on the pencil that draws a straight line.
You only need to do the Easy Draw Block if you need a new block to work on. If you have a block you are using you don't need to go to this step.

The reason your line disappeared is because you have to make sure you start and stop on a dot. it has to be connected to one of the dots that are connected to an already existing line. To begin with this means the lines of the frame. After you connect a line to the frame then you can connect another line to the frame and the line you drew as long as that line connects to the frame.

If you don't connect it that line will disappear. Look at the second picture below and the last picture you can see the short lines didn't stay but the long ones connected to the sides did. As long as you connect to one of those solid lines not just the frame you should be okay.

shivrs2000 11-08-2011 08:46 PM

Rhonda, when I click on the layout box at the bottom, I get a custom set layout screen. I don't see the screen that you are talking about. I have EQ7.

Rhonda 11-08-2011 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by shivrs2000 (Post 4655298)
Rhonda, when I click on the layout box at the bottom, I get a custom set layout screen. I don't see the screen that you are talking about. I have EQ7.

What are you wanting to do? Are you wanting to work on the block I was talking about or to work on a quilt layout?

connie_1936 11-08-2011 10:44 PM

Please, how do i bookmark this? Connie

JeanieG 11-08-2011 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by connie_1936 (Post 4655520)
Please, how do i bookmark this? Connie

Go to top of page and click on Thread Tools. Click on Subscribe to Thread.

GrandmaSewNSew 11-09-2011 05:56 AM

Thank you Rhonda, it now works!

gma7 11-09-2011 06:49 AM

Thanks Rhonda- very helpful.

Morag 11-09-2011 07:04 AM

I have EQ7but have never really played with it. Will you cover that?