Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Rhonda's Electric Quilt Class - Week 20 -Importing Your Designs in Projects (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/rhondas-electric-quilt-class-week-20-importing-your-designs-projects-t183303.html)

Rhonda 03-18-2012 11:16 PM

Rhonda's Electric Quilt Class - Week 20 -Importing Your Designs in Projects

1 Attachment(s)
this week we are going to look at how to import a quilt block you designed into other projects on your EQ.

Here is the PDF file for this week. Hope it helps! Rhonda

QuiltnNan 03-19-2012 06:10 AM

Rhonda, thanks for the tut. I have EQ5, but from your instructions, I was pointed in the right direction. I successfully got my block into the library. The only thing I cannot do is rename my library. In the EQ5 help section, to rename a library, it says to click on the library to make it blue. Then click on it again to make the edit block appear. In my EQ5, the only thing accomplished by clicking the second time is to close the library list. I have no idea why it doesn't work for me. I even tried using CNTRL, SHIFT, or ALT along with the second click... same results. I hope you can get your EQ5 going and try to rename your library. Please let me know if your rename works the right way.

stitchinwitch 03-20-2012 05:00 AM

I also have EQ5 and will be watching for updates. Thanks SOOOOOO MUCH for doing this for us!!

rilene 03-20-2012 05:45 AM

Thanks a bunch, Rhonda!

klgreene 03-20-2012 08:37 AM

I have more problems finding where I save these PDF's than learning from them. Good job busy lady!

QuiltnNan 03-20-2012 03:05 PM

I checked with Rhonda to see if she has been able to check with her EQ5. This is her reply:
"I have not been able to get my EQ5 to open the user libraries. When I called the company on another matter awhile back the tech told me that eq5 is so old that the new technology doesn't support the system of EQ5. So there will be glitches that we can't do anything about. But I like my EQ5 too much to change over to the EQ7 totally. I have all 3 versions but sometimes there are things on 5 we can't change. "

thimblebug6000 03-26-2012 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 5072704)
Rhonda, thanks for the tut. I have EQ5, but from your instructions, I was pointed in the right direction. I successfully got my block into the library. The only thing I cannot do is rename my library. In the EQ5 help section, to rename a library, it says to click on the library to make it blue. Then click on it again to make the edit block appear. In my EQ5, the only thing accomplished by clicking the second time is to close the library list. I have no idea why it doesn't work for me. I even tried using CNTRL, SHIFT, or ALT along with the second click... same results. I hope you can get your EQ5 going and try to rename your library. Please let me know if your rename works the right way.

I went into my EQ5 help file and was able to rename mine. Had to re-read things a few times though (and printed out the help message) :-)