Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Rhonda's New Shortcut Block- Triple Strip Block (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/rhondas-new-shortcut-block-triple-strip-block-t167602.html)

klgreene 11-11-2011 01:11 PM

OK. For those of you who are doing the 6 1/2" block, that center strip can only be 1/4 from the seam. I cut 3/4" strips, sewed it onto the wider fabric, and then sewed the little point fabric on. This way when you cut it out, you have fabric wide enough to get the point equal to the stripe after you sew them together. And be real careful with that 1/4".

THIS IS THE 6 1/2 ONLY... I'll post a picture when done, but I'm taking my time on this one, my last one had a terrible center, so that's where I started on this one. Katie

klgreene 11-11-2011 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by IBQLTN (Post 4666618)
Love it!

Can someone tell me how to bookmark pages? I haven't figured it out yet.

At the top of the page is thread tools, click on that, click subscribe to thread and it will ask for bookmark or subscription. I think that's right, I can't check because I think I already bookmarked.....

d.swindle 11-11-2011 05:29 PM

rhonda, your mind has got to be in high gear all the time ,thanks for the tut and sharing.

d.swindle

efayard 11-12-2011 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by klgreene (Post 4667112)
OK. For those of you who are doing the 6 1/2" block, that center strip can only be 1/4 from the seam. I cut 3/4" strips, sewed it onto the wider fabric, and then sewed the little point fabric on. This way when you cut it out, you have fabric wide enough to get the point equal to the stripe after you sew them together. And be real careful with that 1/4".

THIS IS THE 6 1/2 ONLY... I'll post a picture when done, but I'm taking my time on this one, my last one had a terrible center, so that's where I started on this one. Katie

Thanks Katie. I was wondering how little the middle stripe would have to be. Tiny, huh. I just the little blocks though.

batik queen 11-12-2011 06:36 AM

That is so cool. Thank you, Rhonda.

Gatormom3 11-12-2011 06:39 AM

Thank you - you are amazing!!

BuzzinBumble 11-12-2011 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by klgreene (Post 4665278)
Is your talent never ending lol....just when I thought there could be no more....here you go again...Great... I Love it.

So true, so true! LOL... Beautiful block Rhonda & thank you for sharing it with us! :o

klutzyquilter 11-12-2011 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by IBQLTN (Post 4666618)
Love it!

Can someone tell me how to bookmark pages? I haven't figured it out yet.

Try this:
Up near top of this page click on Thread Tools
Menu bar will appear
Click on "Subscribe"
Pick your notification option
Pick folder you want to place this in

Rhonda 11-12-2011 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble (Post 4669981)
So true, so true! LOL... Beautiful block Rhonda & thank you for sharing it with us! :o

I was supposed to be working on the next class and I got sidetracked with what ifs. I have to see what is around the next corner. My curiosity has to be satisfied. What would it look like if I do this or that.

joy 11-12-2011 11:28 AM

This means that all the outside edges are on the bias... now Rhonda, how do you cope with that?