Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Strip Work done with my Cut Down Method (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/strip-work-done-my-cut-down-method-t128201.html)

Rhonda 07-16-2011 08:41 AM

You're more than welcome!

stonesprout 07-18-2011 05:26 AM

Thank you, Rhonda! This is a wonderful tutorial.

Rhonda 07-18-2011 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by stonesprout
Thank you, Rhonda! This is a wonderful tutorial.

Hope you get some good use out of it!!

mhollifiel 07-19-2011 11:34 AM

Goodness! Great ideas and what a great way to use up little leftovers and such!

tedytrser 07-21-2011 10:37 AM

Hi there this looks easy enough for me to try and then I have a question which you may think is stupid. After you sew the strips together and the cut the squares what keep the stiching from coming apart. K all you experienced quilters don't laugh.

Rhonda 07-21-2011 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by tedytrser
Hi there this looks easy enough for me to try and then I have a question which you may think is stupid. After you sew the strips together and the cut the squares what keep the stiching from coming apart. K all you experienced quilters don't laugh.

If one does start to come apart (and mostly they don't) I either catch it with a stitch by hand or stick it under the needle and resew that end of the seam.
When I get ready to sew the blocks together I sometimes sew(baste) along the raw edge to catch the seams so they won't come undone. but usually I don't need to. They don't seem to be a problem for the most part.

DeniseP 07-25-2011 12:32 PM

You always have such good ideas! Thank you.

BrendaY 08-04-2011 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by klgreene
ok Rhonda, you are doing it to me again. I already made a small doll size quilt making just squares, then put a black sashing between them. Then I started making 6" squares and just do a few every now and then, not knowing what I'd do with them yet. Now after looking at your pictures and tut, I would never have thought of using these for a border. You are just a never ending wealth of information. Thanks.

Hi Katie... and I agree with you.. It never occurred to me that you could make a border so easily..

Thanks, Rhonda!! You're a doll...

Rhonda 08-04-2011 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by BrendaY

Originally Posted by klgreene
ok Rhonda, you are doing it to me again. I already made a small doll size quilt making just squares, then put a black sashing between them. Then I started making 6" squares and just do a few every now and then, not knowing what I'd do with them yet. Now after looking at your pictures and tut, I would never have thought of using these for a border. You are just a never ending wealth of information. Thanks.

Hi Katie... and I agree with you.. It never occurred to me that you could make a border so easily..

Thanks, Rhonda!! You're a doll...

You're welcome. The strip border is one of my favorites. You can use them for sashing too.

GGinMcKinney 08-04-2011 11:20 PM

Thank you! I made some placemats using this method. I really like your hotpads.