Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   super easy/fast christmas gifts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/super-easy-fast-christmas-gifts-t168860.html)

quilting librarian 11-19-2011 06:59 PM

Thank you for sharing - again! I will be making some of these to include in gift bags!

mountain deb 11-20-2011 06:24 AM

very good idea and sew simple. Thanks

cherrio 11-20-2011 07:44 AM

never ever saw the need for these. that being said, I made a couple cause they are "cute". my daughters loved em and asked me to make them for Christmas "little exchange" gifts along with coffee cozies. go figure. so I made em. they loved em. I made them from your tute when I saw it the first time you posted it. thanks

tanderbear 11-20-2011 08:33 AM

I buy the ones from the $ store and take a pair of scissors and cut an opening....I can get 8 packets for a $1. Keeps it reasonable and helps them sell.

pdunn56 11-20-2011 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Pinkiris (Post 4696693)
The hardest part now is finding the tissue packages that open down the middle! I used to get them at Dollar Tree, but can't find them any more. Many of the "off" brand packages open on the ends, so they don't work with the holders.

Sue

I still get them at dollar store , doesn't matter how they open, I just cut my own slit down the middle when I put into the holder :-)

T. 11-20-2011 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Pinkiris (Post 4696693)
The hardest part now is finding the tissue packages that open down the middle! I used to get them at Dollar Tree, but can't find them any more. Many of the "off" brand packages open on the ends, so they don't work with the holders.

Sue

Hi Sue, I got some Kleenex "original" from Wisebuys; and they open on the top too. What I do is just cut the package down the middle before putting it in the cover or take the whole thing out of the package.
Maybe we'll have to try to change the pattern to open on the top & then they'll change their packaging to the open in the middle, with my luck :(
Thuan

bowlerlady 11-20-2011 12:01 PM

I am new here and saw your tutorial for the tissue holders. They are just awesome, but I have a question. How did you get yours to come out with that little bit of trim on the top. I tried and tried, but I cannot get mine to come out. Maybe I am having senior moments, but I would appreciate some help as I'd love to make a bunch of those. Thanks in advance.

Grannyh67 11-20-2011 03:43 PM

That is where I find My Tissues, @ Wal Mart. Good old Wal- Mart, lol

IBQLTN 11-21-2011 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by T. (Post 4702111)
Hi Sue, I got some Kleenex "original" from Wisebuys; and they open on the top too. What I do is just cut the package down the middle before putting it in the cover or take the whole thing out of the package.
Maybe we'll have to try to change the pattern to open on the top & then they'll change their packaging to the open in the middle, with my luck :(
Thuan

Tracy at Sew Thankful has a free pattern for the top load tissue holder.

Pinkiris 11-24-2011 02:10 PM

Thanks to everyone who let me know that I could cut the packages of tissues down the center! Why didn't I think of that???

Bowlerlady--Because the one piece of fabric is wider than the other, it naturally wraps around when you press the "tube" created by sewing the two pieces together. If you don't get it, PM me and I will take pictures. Always glad to help a sister quilter!

Sue