Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Super super easy tissue holder (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/super-super-easy-tissue-holder-t107636.html)

ragqueen03 12-11-2013 06:34 AM

not sure how much to charge for them - i know not very much. if i put the tissues in them they would sell faster i think.

GrannieAnnie 12-11-2013 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by ragqueen03 (Post 6451175)
not sure how much to charge for them - i know not very much. if i put the tissues in them they would sell faster i think.

I sold a few for 1.25 each----------mosty to pay for more tissues.

ragqueen03 01-02-2014 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie (Post 6448368)
Get back to us about Jan. 2. I'll bet anything you'll end up make a couple dozen on top of the 10 you have in mind!

ok it is Jan. 2 and i made about 18 so far! mom loved hers but for some reason the one i made for myself with pittsburgh steeler fabric somehow disappeared at her house - lol! what is even funnier is she doesn't like the steelers - she is a browns fan!

ljptexas 01-03-2014 06:50 AM

I have made lots & lots of these. They are super easy. Have given 1 to each lady in my church. Send it along with a homemade card or postcard. They are very light…. Some I made where the 2 sides are same size & used up my scraps of trims, laces, etc.
Thanks ever sooooo much for this tute.

ube quilting 01-05-2014 01:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you feffertim for this neat tutorial for this little project. I made 14 of these for the girls at work when we return after two weeks off through Christmas. I think the girls will get a kick out of them. All the fabric came from work (scraps of course). I am putting them in a bag and everybody gets to pull one for a surprise and then if they want to trade them for a color or pattern they like better, they are welcome to have at it. I enjoy seeing it happen.

Thanks again for making an impact on OPLs!:D (Other Peoples Lives)
peace

EDIT: I'm so excited I forgot to add the picture! The one in the upper left was one I attempted to square the corners on. It is mine and works great but not really needed for my project.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]454974[/ATTACH]

PlanoDebbie 01-05-2014 01:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]454977[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]454978[/ATTACH]This is one of my favorite things to make. Last year I made about 2 dozen of them in Christmas fabrics and gave them to all the ladies I worked with. This year I am at 3 different High Schools, so I had to make even more to hand out. Everyone loved them. The last few left were placed into a basket in our guest bathroom for anyone needing a tissue.

Since I like to make these in mass quantities, I cut several strips of fabric by the width needed, then sub cut to get the necessary sized. These are so simple to make, yet look so elegant. Just wish I had a server to make them even faster.

deedum 01-13-2014 04:35 AM

cute and fast! my kind of project! Thanks

deedum 01-13-2014 04:43 AM

planodebbie,
love your Christmas tissues. What a wonderful little gift to give to others! Useful too!

QuiltnNan 07-02-2014 02:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here are the ones i made for the QB Project of the month
[ATTACH=CONFIG]481271[/ATTACH]

bearland53 07-11-2014 12:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
They make up so quickly. I've made about 80 in the past week. Giving out as a small gift to my crochet group and the other half are being donated to a local fire house for their Christmas Mart.