Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Tissue Box instructions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/tissue-box-instructions-t233420.html)

sewingsuz 10-27-2013 04:07 PM

Tissue Box instructions

4 Attachment(s)
Two pieces of fabric of you choice each 15 inches square. One piece will be outside and other inside. Sew these right sides together using a quarter inch seam leaving about a 3" opening to turn. After you turn then press and sew 1/8 inch with a thread that goes with both sides. ok, now take that square and fold up for both top sides to meet. like this picture [ATTACH=CONFIG]443597[/ATTACH] Now you measure 4" from bottom left corner and up left side and mark. Then measure from bottom left corner over 4 inches on bottom fold and mark. Lay a ruler down and draw a line from one marked area to the other and sew on that line through all thicknesses. Now you do the same on the right side and here is a picture again. [ATTACH=CONFIG]443598[/ATTACH] OK now is the trickie part. Now fold the other two edges two together and do the same measure and sew from the folded edge up the left side and mark 4 inches and sew across just like you did on the other two sides. [ATTACH=CONFIG]443600[/ATTACH] I covered the bottom right with a coaster so you would not get confused any more than you might be as of now. When you. After you get all four corners sewn like this you should be able to look in the finshed product and see a square bottom were the bottom of tissue box sits. Put the tissue in the box and fold two sides on one side and pin wear you want or button. Do the same to the other side and then take tissue out while you sew the buttons on. This is what you should have. [ATTACH=CONFIG]443601[/ATTACH] I hope you can understand this. I have never done this before. Suzanne

sewingsuz 10-27-2013 04:45 PM

More tissues box instructions/ pictures

6 Attachment(s)
I took a tissue box apart for the most part to show how it looks for the most part. The pictures are from the finished product as I took it apart. [ATTACH=CONFIG]443607[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]443608[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]443609[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]443610[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]443611[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]443612[/ATTACH]

JanieH 10-27-2013 07:27 PM

This is so great! Your tutorial really helps alot. I was close and it did not take much to finish mine.
Thank you, thank you for the tutorial!

mjhaess 10-28-2013 07:00 AM

Love it...Thanks for the tut...

swedeswan 10-28-2013 04:00 PM

Thanks for this tutorial. Kinda like the fabric boxes that have been showing up in the forum lately. I had been thinking about doing a few of those to put small christmas gifts in, but I think I will try yours. Looks alot less putzy (the others were quilted) and equally as nice!!

annievee 10-28-2013 04:04 PM

Thanks for the tut--will try these

farmquilter 10-29-2013 01:59 PM

Thank you for the tut as I will be making a number of them for a Christmas day gift table. Already have the boxes of tissues and they only take a couple of minutes to make.